• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find good & cheap tall/slim clothing?

Mexicorn

Reaction score
Been lurking the forums for a bit, so I guess it's time to ask my first real question. So I have a relatively tall/slim build (6'3", ~155lbs), and it's pretty hard to find clothing that can actually fit. I can't find anyone other than levi's/gap/BR that cary my size pants (31x34), and am stuck in that grey area where most size M shirts are a tad small in the sleeves while the few places I can find that carry "Medium Tall" are only good for Polos/Henleys (the BDs are too long in the sleeves and baggier than a standard Medium for some reason). So where can I find good and inexpensive (i'm a grad student making <$20k a year..so BR/JCrew is my "high" end) clothing? For reference: After visiting an outlet over x-mas I found that J.Crew and nautica "Vintage Wash" BDs in M fit me rather well (a little loose, but good in the sleeves) and that IZOD seems to have longer than average sleeve/back lengths (their ss polo fits me rather well in small). I've already accepted that I'll have to hit the internet sites for pants in my size, but I'd hope to find some brick & mortar places where I can at least try on some styles and then special order the size. Any ideas?

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mexicorn
Been lurking the forums for a bit, so I guess it's time to ask my first real question.
So I have a relatively tall/slim build (6'3", ~155lbs), and it's pretty hard to find clothing that can actually fit. I can't find anyone other than levi's/gap/BR that cary my size pants (31x34), and am stuck in that grey area where most size M shirts are a tad small in the sleeves while the few places I can find that carry "Medium Tall" are only good for Polos/Henleys (the BDs are too long in the sleeves and baggier than a standard Medium for some reason).

So where can I find good and inexpensive (i'm a grad student making <$20k a year..so BR/JCrew is my "high" end) clothing?

For reference: After visiting an outlet over x-mas I found that J.Crew and nautica "Vintage Wash" BDs in M fit me rather well (a little loose, but good in the sleeves) and that IZOD seems to have longer than average sleeve/back lengths (their ss polo fits me rather well in small).

I've already accepted that I'll have to hit the internet sites for pants in my size, but I'd hope to find some brick & mortar places where I can at least try on some styles and then special order the size.

Any ideas?

i guess cheap monday could be in your price range at $65 a pair. They make decent jeans. Try the autobahn fit. Most higher end denim will come in extra long inseam lengths upwards of 34". Also, try AA for your shirts. They are often cut very long, but slim. Most of the shirts run about $15 to $35 but you can find a wholesaler on eBay or here on SF where they will be much much less.

Mexicorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I haven't been to an H&M or AA, but I did stop by a Zara in NYC a few months back and got a pair of cords that fit well (though almost too tight). Does H&M also regularly stock odd (31) waist sizes?

Also regarding AA, do you know if outlets of this brand exist? If not i'll try finding that SFer who has good deals.

The topic of t-shirts bring up another conundrum. Do you know of any dirt cheap (i.e. hanes quality) undershirts that are a bit longer in the torso? I got some M tall Banana Republic fitted t's that fit great, but balk at paying $15 a pop for all my undershirts.

stylar

Reaction score
i'm of similar body type and have found the best fitting jeans to be at urban outfitters. and weirdly, the women's jeans they have seem to fit better and look better than the men's if you like &quot;thin.&quot; the brand is bdg and they come in all different colors and shades.

kpmcdermott

Reaction score
Admittedly, I am the owner, but the website www.tallmansclothing.com is dedicated to both providing affiliate links and reviews of external retailers and brands, but more importantly, we are developing a new, affordable, high-quality line of clothing for the tall male. We are focused primarily on shirts, since pants and jeans are easy enough to come by (maybe not at affordable prices when stylish).

We are proud to introduce our new line of premium combed cotton fitted tees, (grand opening sale with FREE shipping and promo codes) which unlike other online retailers, are made of a thicker, ring-spun cotton that provides ultimate comfort, and best of all, we have a sizing matrix that fits the needs of tall men of varying height and girth(though admittedly, not obese men) That is what Big & Tall retailers are already selling...BIG clothing...they have forgotten about tall and slim/average build men. Our ultimate goal is to get our inventory in B&T stores so tall men can try on inventory in stores.

Production is also underway for a new line of slim-fit TALL undershirts, both in regular slim-cut and in "body sculpting" fits. The samples I have received are fantastic and those I have passed along to love them...along with the fitted tees mentioned above.

Additionally, we are developing a tailored fit (no measurement input required) button-front oxford that will be affordable, stylish and high quality.

Come visit our store and enjoy the savings. Did I mention free shipping?
biggrin.gif

Kevin McDermott
Managing Owner
Tall Mans Clothing Distribution
www.tallmansclothing.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads