• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find cashmere pocket squares?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd really love some more of these, but haven't seen them around in a couple years. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Am I the only one who even wants these?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I'd really love some more of these, but haven't seen them around in a couple years. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Am I the only one who even wants these?

No, you're not. I bought one six months or so ago when Ed had a few to sell here. I like it quite a bit.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a resource now.

1. Find the cashmere fabric (paisleys, challis, antique damaged shawls etc).
  2. Sent to a Mr. Kent Wang.
  3. Wait for the mailperson.
  4. Stuff in pocket .
  5. Enjoy!!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Not sure I have ever seen many of these. Wool, yes. Cashmere, no. Wool is around, in most of the good NY stores. I have some. They are nice. I'm not sure I see any advantage to cashmere over wool for a PS, and wonder if the necessary thinness would make them too delicate.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Sam Hober have a few?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Not sure I have ever seen many of these. Wool, yes. Cashmere, no. Wool is around, in most of the good NY stores. I have some. They are nice. I'm not sure I see any advantage to cashmere over wool for a PS, and wonder if the necessary thinness would make them too delicate.

They're nice and soft--which doesn't change the appearance, but still. The delicacy is kind of appealing to me. Also, all my jackets are wool. It seems perverse to stuff wool into wool.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
They're nice and soft--which doesn't change the appearance, but still. The delicacy is kind of appealing to me. Also, all my jackets are wool. It seems perverse to stuff wool into wool.

I don't get this since, as you say, they tend to look the same, sheen-wise.

Anyway, I wear mine exlusively with wool: worsted, flannel, and tweed.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Doesn't Sam Hober have a few?

I only see wool on the site. Anyway, when I say I want a cashmere pocket square, I mean something that's almost fuzzy. The wool squares I've seen tend to have a smoother finish.

Originally Posted by imageWIS
Not if you are sheep.

Touche.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I only see wool on the site. Anyway, when I say I want a cashmere pocket square, I mean something that's almost fuzzy. The wool squares I've seen tend to have a smoother finish.

I can't say whether the appeal of the one I bought from Ed is necessarily dependent on its being cashmere as opposed to wool; I just like the square. It's white (although a softer white, almost closer to cream than a bright white like my linen squares) with blue, orange, brown, and yellow edges -- one color per side. It does have a slightly fuzzy texture and does not seem overly delicate. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it tonight.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't get this since, as you say, they tend to look the same, sheen-wise.

Anyway, I wear mine exlusively with wool: worsted, flannel, and tweed.

As a structural matter, I don't see why the two would necessarily look different. But none of the wool squares I've seen replicate the soft fuzzy glow of the cashmere ones I've seen.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys, it's a pocket square, no one should really care this much about one. Just buy something that you find appealing, stuff it in your pocket and move on with your lives.

Lawyerdad, thanks for the shoutout
smile.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Guys, it's a pocket square, no one should really care this much about one.
Where can I buy advance tickets for the upcoming edmorel vs. KentWang cage fight?

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I only see wool on the site. Anyway, when I say I want a cashmere pocket square, I mean something that's almost fuzzy. The wool squares I've seen tend to have a smoother finish. Touche.
We do not have cashmere on hand to make pocket squares with. The wools that we have are indeed smoother shirting fabrics. This year we plan to greatly expand our range of silks for pocket squares. Perhaps next year we will venture into more wools, cashmere and alpaca. Buying the fabric and having it made can be a good idea also.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm trying to picture this. It doesn't look like you stuffed a sock in your pocket??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads