• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find a slim fitting gray or navy cardigan?

dontworryboutit

Reaction score
I have search the forum as well as browsed J.Crew and Banana Republic to no avail. Any ideas in the less that $75 range?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dontworryboutit
Thanks for the idea. I did not see any cardigans on thier website.

There's some cashmere cardigans on the UK Uniqlo website.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
There's some cashmere cardigans on the UK Uniqlo website.

Yep, and they're lovely. Fact.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of cardigans from Uniqlo - navy and khaki. They are on the thin side, slim fitting, a basic cardigan that gets the job done. Not as slim as the RL Black Label ones, which are probably too slim for me.

I like them OK... But I have gotten a lot of negative comments on them. My friends say they make me look like a Jewish Mister Rogers
laugh.gif
, and someone who works in my office said I looked terrible in them. I'm not sure if my build works for this look, I'm on the short and stout side from a lot of powerlifting. Most of my jackets need a lot of tailoring, and obviously that's not an option with the cardigans.

I do have another from Ralph Lauren (Polo). Not quite as slim fitting but a more substantial material. I like this one a lot more, the Uniqlo ones are too thin for my taste. My friends hate this one too.
facepalm.gif

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Last Year's Man
Try Uniqlo?
It still blows my mind how little people know of Uniqlo! I go there first for anything cheap/cardigan-y! *wiggles eyebrows
tongue.gif
When they have a sale, on Cashmere, you better suck that **** up, suckah!

nohio

Reaction score
I'd say it runs slightly small, which is what I like about it. A small cardigan at Brooks Brothers is too large for me and some of the J Crew XS are too small. I've found that the quality is better at Rugby than J Crew, as well.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap they don't ship to Canada.

Back to the OP's question, Benetton makes very slim cardigans.

VitaTimH

Reaction score
j crew definitely has them. I got a gray cashmere cardigan for $15 off someone who got it for $35, down from a retail of $75. Since it's so stretchy I just sized down for a slim fit.

Galix

Reaction score
You can find something at Pringle of Scotland

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads