1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where to find a jacket like this one?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, May 12, 2005.

1. dusty

dusty Senior member

I love this jacket: http://men.style.com/slidesh....60m.jpg But it's Burberry Prorsum, so I doubt it's going to be in my price range if I can even find one. Anybody know what stores or designers I should check to find a similar design? Something sort of cut like a sportcoat, but definitely not a traditional sportcoat. And a lot more hard-wearing than a sportcoat. Something not too heavy for Fall wear. Any ideas?

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Check out the pants: Flannel all up in your face.

Actually Burberry Prorsum is not that expensive. I saw some leather shoes of theirs listed in GQ at around $250. Dunno, depends on your definition of expensive.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A hooded safari jacket in wool flannel with snap buttons. I like it... For something similar that is more price accessible, I would try Unis, Barney's COOP (souds like an idea they might run with,) Hugo by Hugo Boss (I think they already did this), maybe APC in the fall for stuff in the $500 range. CP company might do something like this too. Again, you're looking at about $500.

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

Maybe I'm thinking Prorsum is more expensive than it really is. $250 for a pair of leather shoes doesn't seem bad at all, but I seem to remember being in Burberry last winter and seeing a non-cashmere sweater for like $600. But thanks for the suggestions LA guy, I'll check those out.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Oh wow that is a totally sweet jacket. Do you guys know if normal Burberry stores carry the Prorsum line?

6. LA Guy

Prorsum is medium/expensive. The jacket, with the weak dollar, will probably retail between $800 and $1000. Too rich for my blood. *Some* Burbery stores carry the line. On the west coast, both the LA and SF locations carry a very limited selection each season.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Bummer. We're getting a reasonably sized Burberry store in the mall right down the street from me. I was hoping they would carry Prorsum there.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Hooded jackets will probably be seen as totally ridiculous in about a year so no sense in buying that if the price seems high to you. Of course if hooded jackets are your thing and you're not trying to follow any fads we're talking about a totaly different situation

9. LA Guy

I love hoods.  I have a rather long neck and sloped shoulders, so substantial collars and hoods on shirts and jackets give make me look a little more proportional, if you take my meaning, as well as adding some visual interest.

Personal preferences aside, however, I don't think that *hooded* jackets are really a fad.  A number of classic designs have always featured them because they are functional.  Duffel or stadium coats come to mind immediately, as do parkas.  Yes, hoods are very right now.  One could say the same about jeans, and stripes (on everything from the ubiquitous "stripey" to jackets to pants), and Neapolitan silhouettes (oddly enough, often combined with Anglo details).  However, I really doubt that hoods will become ridiculous looking in the way that MC Hammer pants and jeans with zippers at the ankles have come to look ridiculous.

10. dusty

dusty Senior member

Ditto on the long neck/sloping shoulders. I like hoods.