• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to Find a Casual Tweed Blazer?

daveman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Would anyone know of a good place to find a sharp-looking casual tweed blazer? I've looked a decent amount online, but all I've been able to find have been those on the dressier side. The style I have in mind wouldn't look out of place with jeans. Even the old "professor" look, with leather-adorned elbows isn't out of the question haha. Admittedly, it's kinda late in the winter season to start looking, but I've really had the "need for tweed" lately.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dave

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rather thought tweed sport coats were inherently casual. If they weren't, I wouldn't be wearing one at the moment.

Could you elucidate what you want for us a little more clearly.

Mudhiker

Reaction score

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
I was in Club Monaco right before Christmas and saw a great tweed sport coat. Almost pulled the trigger but was able to resist.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
I've tried a few jackets from BT really liked a couple, including this one:

http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/store...cket-3017.html

Alas they are just a bit too big for me. I'm a 37" chest and their 38 in the slimmer fitting jackets are still a bit too big and probably beyond tailoring in (shoulders too wide)

I like that in the brown - DarkKnight, what shoulder measurement do you normally look for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads