1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

where to buy uniqlo online?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by The_Foxx, Feb 26, 2008.

1. krylon80

krylon80 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the UK site will ship to US.
    The UK site WILL NOT ship to the US. It says so right on their shipping information form during the checkout process. The US store WILL NOT take orders via email, only over the phone and they are piss poor at getting back to you. This is all from personal first-hand experience. The fact that Uniqlo does not have the website for US ordering is nothing short of pathetic. The really need to step their game up. They have good products that people want and they have sites you can order from in just about every other country. I can act as a proxy for you for any shops in Boston or NYC, please PM me or email me at bosnyproxy[at]gmail.com for details if interested.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Yea, i had ordered via email a year or two ago and it was all gravy but they did away with that. The phone orders seem to be almost impossible these days as well.

I know h&m has an online store overseas as well. I remember thinking it was originally just going to kinda start slow and expand but it has been awhile so i dunno if they'll do it in the US anymore.

It's strange because Topman does it and i kinda see them on the same h&m/uniqlo fast fashion kinda level.

3. krylon80

Yea, i had ordered via email a year or two ago and it was all gravy but they did away with that. The phone orders seem to be almost impossible these days as well. I know h&m has an online store overseas as well. I remember thinking it was originally just going to kinda start slow and expand but it has been awhile so i dunno if they'll do it in the US anymore. It's strange because Topman does it and i kinda see them on the same h&m/uniqlo fast fashion kinda level.
    The critical difference is H&M is everywhere. Uniqlo has one U.S. store and is basically throwing a fat, hairy middle finger to the rest of the country.

4. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Sorry this is off topic but is uniqlo stuff good quality? Just wondering, as the stuff is very cheap.

imo, their wool is great, and their shirts (flannel, esp.) are fantastic, particularly for the price. It's no-frills, but the substance is there.

Shame they can't get their phone customer service together. I would have easily spent a few hundred there this season. Instead, I have to go elsewhere. It seems the only time you have a chance of getting them on the phone is when they're closed. Which means never.

They do call back occasionally though. Six days later.

5. krylon80

Ahh, so YOU were the one! Splendid.

6. czjl

czjl Senior member

It's really their loss for not wanting to set up an online shop. If you are keen you should just drop a thread in the WTB section in styleforum. I'm sure there'll be many proxies ready to help.

7. Bryville

Bryville Member

In the U.S. if you do happen to get a phone order, how much do they charge for shipping?
    I really just want a couple things. Mainly their skinny ties and knit ties. Great ties for the price.
    Unless someone can help me find skinny ties online somewhere else at an affordable price. Anybody?

8. Meis

Meis Senior member

In the U.S. if you do happen to get a phone order, how much do they charge for shipping?
    I really just want a couple things. Mainly their skinny ties and knit ties. Great ties for the price.
    Unless someone can help me find skinny ties online somewhere else at an affordable price. Anybody?

cheap skinny ties:
    http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPages/Skinny_Ties.asp

9. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

10. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

i order over the phone all the time..shipping is usually 6-8 bucks for me

i order a few items at a time though

11. gqreader239

gqreader239 Senior member

http://leatherjacketsandjeans.blogspot.com/
    I don't think 2.5" is considered skinny... modern/slim maybe, but not skinny.

+1, 2 inches or less is considered skinny. 2.5+ is slim to modern. However, really depends on your weight and build also.

12. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

I just ordered some UJ T-000 via e-mail. They verified stock availability through e-mail since one thing I wanted was sold out then called me a couple days later to get my information. Whole thing took like four days and shipping was around $6-8 for one item.

13. Meis

Meis Senior member

+1, 2 inches or less is considered skinny. 2.5+ is slim to modern. However, really depends on your weight and build also.
    Oh, I agree completely. I just gave that as a link because its what came to mind quickly and (especially considering the guy has only 6 posts - no hate) didn't if he really meant skinny or if by skinny he meant just slim. Like how some people don't differentiate between skinny and slim jeans, and for example would consider both apc ns and nc to be "skinny jeans." Also, I probably wasn't reading too thoroughly / thinking too quickly But for "skinny" options. UO and H&M normally carry some truly skinny ties. For something more expensive and kinda between skinny and slim (in my eyes) "the windmill club" http://www.itsthewindmillclub.com/index.html has some 2.25in ties that are pretty cool