• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to buy Tag Heuer online

johnannemarie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Can you please recommend stores online that i can buy genuine Tag Heuer's from?
Ive looked at Jomashop thus far.
Thanx John

vaulter1

Reaction score
I'm guessing that you've already done a quick Google search but http://www.watchuseek.com might be a good source to find out who the 'reputable' dealers are versus the shady ones. You obviously need to be a member to post a question but not to just search the forum.

lenahan

Reaction score
most major Swiss watch companies do not want their products sold via internet, so I would be very careful when looking into it. Go to watch forums, but the best places to buy from are those with an actual brick-and-mortar building that you can return the watch to if something is wrong. If you can, the best place is just to purchase them in person from a jewelry store.

Daseinflaw

Reaction score
I know the online sites of various department stores (Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, etc) sell Tag watches. You can purchase from there and then inquire in-store as lenahan suggested if there are any problems.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John, may I ask why you would want such a watch?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, don't buy a "nice" watch online. It's considered a gray market and you won't get a real warranty.

Second, Tag is barely a "nice" watch. It's considered a mall watch. I'd recommend saving up for something a little more refined.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
First, don't buy a "nice" watch online. It's considered a gray market and you won't get a real warranty.

Second, Tag is barely a "nice" watch. It's considered a mall watch. I'd recommend saving up for something a little more refined.

I like tags. I put it on par with Omega...but this is my opinion of course.

Authenticwatches.com seems to have a good selection and decent prices.
Also check timezone.com's sales forum periodically. There are always great deals there on all watches.

watchsnob

Reaction score
jomashop and authentic watches are both good sources...

But I will re-iterate the above: why a Tag? There a very few worth owning.

Neo1824

Reaction score
prestigetime

I have a tag that I like. Price was reasonable and I view it as a good intro to nicer watches. Yes it's no Patek but it's way above the normal mall watches most people wear.

TRA8324

Reaction score
What's wrong with a Tag? It seems to fulfill the basic requirements of a nice watch. Sure, it's no patek, rolex, or bretiling, but it's a well built watch that will last you for years. I would say it's the Allen Edmonds of watches. People don't compare AE to EG, just like people don't compare EG to bespoke John Lobb.

johnannemarie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius

Spending 5 figures plus on a watch isn't viable for me...

vaulter1

Reaction score
As a recent entry into the 'word of watches', I can attest to the fact that it really is a maze of advice and choice. My 2c would be, unless you are wedded to a Tag Monaco, have a look at some of the forums ( http://www.watchuseek.com, http://www.pmwf.com, http://www.timezone.com) and get an idea of what your max price would be and what you want in a watch (Quartz/Auto, Dive/Dress, etc, etc). For me, I have always wanted an Omega and recently picked up a Seamaster 2254 used for a good price. Just remember that if you don't mind a previously worn watch it greatly increases your potential budget. There's nothing wrong with a Tag (I'm saving for an Aquaracer for my fiancÃ
00a9.png
e) but there are many brands out there and some may give you more bang for the buck. Enjoy the hunt - it's a bit of a rabbit hole once you get hooked.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaulter1
As a recent entry into the 'word of watches', I can attest to the fact that it really is a maze of advice and choice. My 2c would be, unless you are wedded to a Tag Monaco, have a look at some of the forums ( http://www.watchuseek.com, http://www.pmwf.com, http://www.timezone.com) and get an idea of what your max price would be and what you want in a watch (Quartz/Auto, Dive/Dress, etc, etc). For me, I have always wanted an Omega and recently picked up a Seamaster 2254 used for a good price. Just remember that if you don't mind a previously worn watch it greatly increases your potential budget. There's nothing wrong with a Tag (I'm saving for an Aquaracer for my fiancÃ
00a9.png
e) but there are many brands out there and some may give you more bang for the buck. Enjoy the hunt - it's a bit of a rabbit hole once you get hooked.

+1

As I write this, I am wearing a quartz Tag that I purchased pre-watchuseek. This is now my watch for working on my car etc. Buy a real watch with real mechanical movements and not an overpriced Tag quartz.

I purchased a solid gold 1950s Le Coultre in mint condition, serviced it, and purchased a nice gator strap for it for under $1,500. There are many cheaper options, but I wanted a gold watch that wouldn't flake.

Tag and used to make good watches back in the day. Now Tag Heuer makes overpriced mall watches and I would have not spent the $1k or so that I spent on this one if I had known better. Tag is essentually the rubber-soled, square-toed watch of watches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads