Where to buy sunglasses

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AlienSoul, Aug 17, 2004.

1. AlienSoul

AlienSoul Member

Call me cheap but I don't like to pay retail prices if I don't have to. I am looking for a pair of Maui Jim Ti Sports. I know I could buy them from Sunglass Hut but if there is a better place I would like to know. I am sure there is somewhere online that sells them. Does anyone have any experience with an online sunglass seller?

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

EBAY... Always a great supply of Maui Jim TIs. If you buy from a reputable seller, you'll be fine.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

www.giarre.com. Never pay retail for sunglasses again. For my tastes, Maui Jims are sort of pedestrian. Try a pair of Costume Nationals. Crazy.

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Maui Jim Ti are great sunglasses. Sure, they don't have a trendy shape, but they are really great if you are looking for that "more pedestrian" look. Incredibly comfortable and indestructable.

5. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

I buy sunglasses mostly for the optics, especially now that I'm getting prescription sunglasses. So long as they don't have some kind of universally-agreed-to-be-hideous frames, I go with the best available lens. For me that lens is Maui Jim. Best lenses ever.