• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

where to buy RRDS

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
2,361
Reaction score
1
Im feeling like making my first dry pair of jeans a RRDS. I live in NYC and im sure there must be a nudie dealer somewhere in the city. I would like to try the jeans on in person if possible, but not if i have to pay retail. I read in the forum that revolve gives 30% off to first time buyers, so that would drag the cost down to around $185. Is that the best deal on some RRDS? Do all the nudie dealers in NYC charge full retail? Thoughts? Thanks
 

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,366
Reaction score
17,921
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Im feeling like making my first dry pair of jeans a RRDS. I live in NYC and im sure there must be a nudie dealer somewhere in the city. I would like to try the jeans on in person if possible, but not if i have to pay retail. I read in the forum that revolve gives 30% off to first time buyers, so that would drag the cost down to around $185. Is that the best deal on some RRDS? Do all the nudie dealers in NYC charge full retail? Thoughts? Thanks

You can always try them on at a place like Atrium or Barneys Co-op (both have them) and then buy them online if you like them...
 

mikee

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by LA Guy
You can always try them on at a place like Atrium or Barneys Co-op (both have them) and then buy them online if you like them...

barney's coop in chelsea didn't have them last time i checked a few weeks ago.
 

crash

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by LA Guy
You can always try them on at a place like Atrium or Barneys Co-op (both have them) and then buy them online if you like them...

That's what I ended up doing. I tried a pair on at a Barney's co-op and then ordered from kitchener.ch for $187. I asked for priority shipping (additional $10US) and got them in about 10 days.
 

advan031

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
235
Reaction score
22
edit: oops ^^^ he mentioned it already
 

boo

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
665
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by mikee
barney's coop in chelsea didn't have them last time i checked a few weeks ago.

I was told by a salesperson at the Chelsea location that only the main store at 60th and Madison carries Nudies.
 

JoMak_NYC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Im feeling like making my first dry pair of jeans a RRDS. I live in NYC and im sure there must be a nudie dealer somewhere in the city. I would like to try the jeans on in person if possible, but not if i have to pay retail. I read in the forum that revolve gives 30% off to first time buyers, so that would drag the cost down to around $185. Is that the best deal on some RRDS? Do all the nudie dealers in NYC charge full retail? Thoughts? Thanks

Go to Atrium on Bway & Bleecker. They always have them. Try them on there - then get them online as suggested.
 

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
2,361
Reaction score
1
do does stores have a large selection or just 1 or 2 sizes? I don't want to go and they don't have my size to try.
 

dingleberry

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
go to flying A, at Spring Street & W.Broadway they have:

Regular Ralf
Slim Jim
Baggy Bjorn

in many sizes (thought no 32" inseam) but tailoring is free and they do it for you in like 15 minutes.
 

andyl

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
I'm also looking to buy a pair of RRDS. Are there any online retailers that have a size 29 in stock? I already checked fos5 and revolveclothing and no luck...
 

JoMak_NYC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by andyl
I'm also looking to buy a pair of RRDS. Are there any online retailers that have a size 29 in stock? I already checked fos5 and revolveclothing and no luck...

kitchner if you don't mind ordering from europe and waiting a while.
context if you don't mind paying full retail

good luck!!
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
426,015
Messages
9,162,471
Members
192,462
Latest member
redidefoe

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top