• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy Ralph Lauren Polos?

lastlight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
(Canada): Only the highest volume Bay stores in the major metropolitan centres (i.e. major cities) stock Polo by Ralph Lauren. They only stock PRL casual wear and not dress shirts, ties, suits, and sport coats.

Yes, Holt Renfrew also stocks Polo by Ralph Lauren. HR has PRL casual wear along with some sports coats, a few suits, dress shirts, and ties.

Also they only sell regular fit.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lastlight

Also they only sell regular fit.

I suppose that's better than the irregular fit.

laugh.gif

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
(Canada): Only the highest volume Bay stores in the major metropolitan centres (i.e. major cities) stock Polo by Ralph Lauren. They only stock PRL casual wear and not dress shirts, ties, suits, and sport coats.

Yes, Holt Renfrew also stocks Polo by Ralph Lauren. HR has PRL casual wear along with some sports coats, a few suits, dress shirts, and ties.

I don't understand the cachÃ
00a9.png
of PRL in Canada then. Is it only because of a lack of supply? It goes for such a high price, when Polo floods the TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores in the US. Growing up in Canada, I valued such different brands.

elegantgentleman

Reaction score
Definitely much more difficult to get PRL or RLPL or RLBL in Canada. Only a couple of places have them and even then the inventory is limited.

That's why the majority of my PRL stuff comes from trips to the US.

To me, PRL makes the nicest, best quality & value, preppy clothing.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I"ll have to take my shopping south of the border then.

Thanks guys.

lastlight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
I don't understand the cachÃ
00a9.png
of PRL in Canada then. Is it only because of a lack of supply? It goes for such a high price, when Polo floods the TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores in the US.

Growing up in Canada, I valued such different brands.

I think it's less typically representative of Canadian values. Polo and waspiness aren't typically Canadian style.

That said I think historically it was more purchased by a higher end consumer, thus the limited supply and signifigant price tag (almost never on sale). It's alot less ubiquitous here (relative to the USA)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads