Where to buy quality discount suits in Dallas?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by soupcxan, Jan 20, 2008.

1. soupcxan

soupcxan Senior member

Can anyone recommend a good outlet/discount store for mens' suits in Dallas (or Ft. Worth)? I am looking to spend about $300-$600 on a suit (although if they are slightly more, that's ok, if justified by label and construction). I am leery of some of the outlet stores because I think many of them are selling cheaper lines made specifically for them. I am looking for a place where you could actually get a suit for $500 that originally sold for $1500 at Nordstrom, for example. I'm a 38R but because of my height and weight (6'1, 135 lbs), I need a jacket that is cut a little longer and slimmer than average so it's hard to snag deals on ebay...I appreciate any suggestions!

Here is what I have found so far...have I missed any? Are any of these known for having more legitimate suit "deals" than the others?

Neiman Marcus Last Call - Grapevine, TX
    Off 5th - Grapevine
    Nordstrom Rack - Plano and Hurst

2. Philosoph

Philosoph Senior member

I'd like to know this as well, actually. I looked for the same size at places you mention (minus Hurst) and found nothing worthwhile.

3. sartort

sartort Senior member

I would check out the Polo Outlet at Allen Premium Outlets which also has a NM Last Call.

I would also check out the Polo Boutique in Highland Park. I grabbed 2 RL Black Label suits a couple of weeks ago for under $500 (reg ~$1700). I think they have gone back up a little bit in price, but they are still at the top of your range I think. They also have Polo Blue label (made in Italy by Corneliani) which will be slightly less. I was in last weekend and they had several 38Rs on sale. If you go to the store, ask for Brian. He is very helpful.

Good luck with your hunt.

4. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Barney's in sale season. The Last Calls/Off 5ths are pretty weak.

5. nsoltz

nsoltz Senior member

Nothing much left at Last Call and Off 5th at Grapevine Mills rarely has anything worthwhile. Barney's may have a few sales items left.