• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy nudie Sven or Jim, APC new standards?

David1

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a pair of dry nudie slim jims, straight svens (non selvage) or APC new standards but I'm pulling my hair out. The denim bar doesn't have any, either location. Revolve doesn't either. Where can I find these?

Does anyone have pictures of Even Stevens being worn? Denim bar has those, but I'm not crazy about the back pocket position.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't Denimbar supposed to be getting a shipment of APC and Nudie sometime really soon? Or did that already happen and once again are sold out?

You can get those jeans at Azaleaonline.com tho

David1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
Wasn't Denimbar supposed to be getting a shipment of APC and Nudie sometime really soon? Or did that already happen and once again are sold out?

They just got in their nudie shipment, which is what I was waiting for, but no New Standards at all, the only svens were selvage (translation: ****-you ********** expensive), and the only dry jims in my size were black.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best price at present for the New Standards are at Peasant ($98) although they have very limited sizing. Azalea has them as well. There are some Selvedge Svens at Denim Bar too, iirc, which, with the coupon, come out to something around $200. Imho, the selvedge Svens at this price are worth it. They where in significantly better than the non-selvedge version. At retail, um, not so much.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Imho, the selvedge Svens at this price are worth it. They where in significantly better than the non-selvedge version. At retail, um, not so much.

Wear?

Also, it's probably been discussed before - but what exactly makes the selvage Svens better than the non-selvage raws? If one isn't looking for a pair to fade and wear in, are the non-selvage sufficient, or can you do better?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Wear?

Also, it's probably been discussed before - but what exactly makes the selvage Svens better than the non-selvage raws? If one isn't looking for a pair to fade and wear in, are the non-selvage sufficient, or can you do better?

Yes, wear. My bad.

Hmmm...

If you want a pair of jeans that do not fade (i.e. are relatively colorfast), APC and Nudie are not the brands you want to look at. Nudie, in particular, use dyes that are designed to fade quickly. You might want to consider 5EP (a store in Atlanta is selling the one wash resin bootcut for a steal of $165) or Rag&Bone, which don't fade nearly as quickly. You might also consider the Kicking Mule 1980 if you like the Sven or Jim cut.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, those KM1980 jeans look good. However, on Context's website, they have the rise as being 8"? Isn't that quite low?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Thanks, those KM1980 jeans look good. However, on Context's website, they have the rise as being 8"? Isn't that quite low?

Um, ime, the front rise is low, but not that low. I think 9.5" is closer to being correct, at least for a size 30. The back rise is higher than that of the Sven though, so there is more room in the seat.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I gotta support my local store here, Oak is having a 40% off sale, so Jims are $110, not bad, I think I got mine there this summer for $80 or so.

David1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
You can get APCs at www.apc.fr and you can get nudies through www.cultizm.com and at barneys coops. Barneys do not have svens though. Ralfs and jims last time i checked.
Barney's was having a wicked sale with them for $80 a while back and I called up every single barney's coop store, but none had my size.
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I gotta support my local store here, Oak is having a 40% off sale, so Jims are $110, not bad, I think I got mine there this summer for $80 or so.
I love you, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Like every online store, they only carry two sizes, but this time one of them is my size! I give up on non-selvage svens, and have only heard annecdotal evidence that they actually exist, so I will probably order these. ****, they're cheaper than the denim bar even with the SF discount. edit: just ordered them, and it's a good thing I did now - I checked them again and there's no 31 anymore, meaning I got the last one. edit 2: Holy ****, They shipped it within 10 mins of my order, and shipping is free. I got the shipped notification and tracking number email before I got the order confirmation email.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads