• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy new style Burberry trench coat?

cappyg00k

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Toronto, Canada and trying to find the new style Burberry trench coats, like the ones in the GQ and Esquire ads. However the only Burberry trenches out for men are these horrible potato sack looking things with no belt and outer buttons, and the few centre buttons they do have, are covered (apologies to anyone who knows a such). The only place I could find a classic Burberry trench is at Stollery's, Bloor and Yonge, but they have the old classic ones and I thought they wouldn't be that different from the new ones but they are. Anyone know where I could find a new style Burberry trench in Toronto? or even on the Net? Thanks.

sammy

Reaction score
You may want to consider their MTM program- The Art of the Trench. I rencently ordered one in the style you're looking for. My coat is as follows:
-double breasted with belt and buttoned flap on front shoulder
-shorter length just past the knees
-navy blue color
-blue burberry check underneath collar and inside coat
-red wool liner (detachable)
-navy blue wool collar liner (detachable)

MrRogers

Reaction score
The coat you're referring to is from burberry prorsum which is only carried in a select few locations....Off hand, SAKS on 5th in NYC is the only location I know carries the coat you are talking about

MrR

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't Harry Rosen and Holt Refrew carry Burberry Prorsum?

Pressfan

Reaction score
Don't Harry Rosen and Holt Refrew carry Burberry Prorsum?
Holt Renfrew hasn't carried Burberry Prorsum since AW 04/05. Harry Rosen has never carried it AFAIK, but does have a fair amount of Burberry London product.

I would inquire at Holt's, as they do offer Art of the Trench and it is possible that another branch (eg. Montreal) may have Prorsum or they could order it.

MrRogers

Reaction score
Cappy I have been eyeing the same coat and understand (i think) what you are looking for. Yes, I suppose you could go the "art of the trench route" but I hear you that most burberry coats are oldmanish. The prorsum coat comes in tan as you see in the magazine and it also comes in navy with gold buttons which is very different from anything i've ever seen.

The other recommendation I was going to make is ralph purple label. They have a coat out this season thats almost identical (except that its a bit nicer actually) to the prorsum one. Its not on their website but I've seen it in their stores. Absolutely gorgeous coat but it does not have a zip out lining for cold weather. Its basically just a shell and sells for 1475 which is why i'm hesitant to bite, but if your pockets deeper than mine it may be a good substitute you might wanna check out

MrR

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At one point, Colette Paris had special edition trench coats by Burberry Prorsum, Prada, Haider Ackermann, et. al that were really quite nice.

But aside from that, Dior Homme might have a more "hip" trench and brands like Martin Margiela have their Line 14 trench coat, a facsimile of a vintage design. Of course, Costume National, Gucci, Ann Demeulemeester and labels like that always have a trench in their collections. Miu Miu had a compelling suede trench.

The Art Of Trench tends to be inclined towards the traditional with the twist business, not particularly slim.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I simply can't countenance spending that kind of money on...gabardine. Apologies if I am missing something here...

cappyg00k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrRogers
The other recommendation I was going to make is ralph purple label. They have a coat out this season thats almost identical (except that its a bit nicer actually) to the prorsum one. Its not on their website but I've seen it in their stores. Absolutely gorgeous coat but it does not have a zip out lining for cold weather. Its basically just a shell and sells for 1475 which is why i'm hesitant to bite, but if your pockets deeper than mine it may be a good substitute you might wanna check out

thanx for the suggestion. Hrmmmm... not sure where Ralph Purple is sold in Toronto either! HAHA **** this city sux for men's wear sometimes.

shqiptar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cappyg00k
thanx for the suggestion. Hrmmmm... not sure where Ralph Purple is sold in Toronto either! HAHA **** this city sux for men's wear sometimes.

Holt Renfrew on Bloor&Bay has the new line of PL; they brought it back after four years because(as one of the salesmen told me) a lot of people were asking for it. Some of their stuff is too buttery for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads