• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy Merkur shaver?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recs for a good price on a Merkur Futur razor that I can buy online? I have had it on my wishlist for awhile and figure I should take advantage of the strong yen.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
try the B/S/T board at Badgerandblade. Usually someone's looking to get rid of something over there, and I've not had a bad transaction from the gents there.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ill sell u mine Eric, i barely use it

wetshaver

Reaction score
You can also check with Lee (www.leesrazors.com) in NY. Great selection of authentic Merkur shaving products.

He is a wonderful gentleman & vendor. Ships worldwide, to the best of my knowledge.

Hope that helps.

Mr T

Reaction score
I bought my Merkur 38C through Amazon. If I remember they also had other models available.

amnesiac

Reaction score
i got mine here, http://www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/conk/merkur.html
but only because I was ordering some kitchen knives at the same time. I'd go with classicshaving or lee's. Lee's I know for sure, is owned by a badger and blade member, if you like to support smaller businesses.

You're lucky that you'll probably be able to get Feather razors so easily. I have to mail order mine!

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a gold plaited Merkur slant bar from Lee's Razors.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An update to mention that I ended up ordering from http://www.gentlemans-shop.com in the UK and recommend them highly.

All of the US-based recommendations above either charged too much for overseas shipping or simply did not offer overseas shipping.

I ended up getting the 38C and I also picked up a Dalvey flask I had been wanting. With the advantageous exchange rate it worked out to be a good deal.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have purchased two Merkurs from eBay. I would also try the B/S/T board at Badgerandblade.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads