1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy Mac Dunkeld outside of UK or Mackintosh direct?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 1964, Feb 10, 2012.

1. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Not looking for the J Press or any ltd. ed. or retailer exclusive macs... I want the slim-cut Dunkeld raincoat in natural/tan bonded cotton.

I can't find it anywhere online except Japanese based etailers like Rankuten.

Would be especially grateful to find it for under $800 if at all possible...

2. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

J Crew has a variation. It's not branded for J. Crew. You could try it and return if it's not what you wanted.

Link

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  3. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Is that actually the Mac Dunkeld though or just a J. Crew distributed exclusive that's similar?

If it's the classic Mac Dunkeld model with no extra branding or embelleshings, I'd go for it!

4. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

I just had a closer look and notice that it's the Duncan coat and without the slightly more tapered and shaped fit of the preferred Dunkeld.

Too bad.

5. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Anyone?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  6. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

7. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Doesn't help much, but I am pretty sure they were carrying it on Tres Bien Shop for FW 11. I have been looking for the slim cut Mac too.

8. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

9. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

I have the mac dunkeled, and im pretty sure its identical to the epaulet one, sans the throat latch.

10. emc894

emc894 Senior member

Epaulet one looks pretty great. But I wear suits so often I would much prefer it in biege.

11. 1964

1964 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys but I'm absolutely set on the Dunkeld (slimmer fit) in tan/khaki color with no epaulets and the classic collar.

12. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

FYI Haberdash in Chicago has the Dunkled in stock. They are carrying blue as well as tan/beige. I believe the price was ~$670.