• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy L.B.M. 1911 or Boglioli Unstructured Jackets

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe not the place to stick this, but has anyone ever seen one of the jackets in a long. They would be comically short on a 6'4" guy...

classicgrey

Reaction score
Yes, I have. My co-worker is 6-4 and wears a 40L. It's certainly not a traditional long. I can get you exact measurement tomorrow if you are interested.

classicgrey

Reaction score

maybe not the place to stick this, but has anyone ever seen one of the jackets in a long. They would be comically short on a 6'4" guy...

I measured a 42L (52L) that we got in yesterday. Comes in just under 29" in length. Certainly on the shorter side of the spectrum.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK. Thanks. That's going to be too short on me, by about an inch and a half. Got me a longish torso. Good for swimming, bad for clothing.

classicgrey

Reaction score
I would recommend doing Luigi Bianchi MTM. You won't get the washed fabrics that are availble for LBM 1911, but their "Dream" model is completely unstructured. No lining, no canvas, no pads. They are amazing for travel because they don't wrinkle. Do a lighter to mid-weight fabric for a jacket that feels like wearing air. Do it in a flannel for a killer fall jacket that pairs great with denim. The MTM jackets start at $1195. You know anyone else doing custom jackets out of Italy for that price? There aren't many. And this company has been making them since 1911. I love them because I sell them, but it really is worth checking into.

stlms3

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but like the bogliolis, are the 3 button lbms on yoox actually 3 roll 2s?

G. Landi

Reaction score
I have been selling Boglioli in Italy and NYC for a while now and have never come across a Long...I think they are pretty rare. However a lot of the silk blends seem to run a bit longer, maybe isn't enough shrink during the washing process? Just a guess but most silk blends tend to be about 1-2" longer, around 31" inches

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump.......

LBM and Boglioli unconstructed jackets are starting to grow on me. There's a few on yoox and haberdashmen that I have my eye on. I am curious how the fit of these jackets. Pictures would be great

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really wish LBM jackets were a tad longer, and had a lower button stance.

The high/mid height button stance on those is the worst. I like something more towards my belly.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like a button stance more like Betel's awesome isaia

isaia-2-jpg.1391

vs LBM

LBM1911_0787.jpg

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Betel do you have a picture of that Isaia's tag? Is it an older model?

Most recent Isaia jackets are very short too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads