• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy high end suits in Paris

houtes

Reaction score
I hope I do not ask for something already answered. Browsing exhaustively this forum, I found tons of useful information about what to do and where to go etc., but still I couldn't find the exact piece of information I was looking for:

I'll be heading to the beautiful city of Paris for 3-4 days in a couple of weeks. I may be moving there next year for professional reasons and therefore will take some days off to visit the city. Additionally, I want to take this opportunity to hit some shops.

My question to the members: Which are the ultimate places to find the very top level suits (Kiton, Brioni and the like). The only places I detected during my last stay this summer were the brands' own stores and two smaller spots on Rue Saint HonorÃ
00a9.png
, 'Alexis' and '376'. I would highly appreciate any recommendation about which other shop to take into account. Prices are secondary, style second to nothing.

Thank you guys in advance!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirts - check out Charvet.
Shoes - check out Corthay, although you can probably find most of the European makers readily there (both of Italian and English provenance).
Old England is a great store that carries a selection of high end items, but can't remember if that includes Kiton and Brioni - probably not.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bespoke suits: Cifonelli,Charvet not to be missed....
Charvet shirts are superb...

Nice department shoes: Galeries Lafayettes,Printemps homme,le Bon Marche...
Good designer suits ,shoes (JM WESTON ,Santoni)...
Good shops: Old England, place de la madeleine near Madelios ,very good shops...

Shoes: Carmina,JM WESTON,Berluti,John Lobb,Corthay,Dimitri Gomez and so many others...

For suits with a twist..Marc Guyot in his shop Cape Cod....
Massive Hugo Boss shops on the Champs Elysees and delightful smaller shops in arcades...
Go rue Marboeuf and Francois Ier...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More addresses for suits..Rovito,Camps,Gonzalez...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Check out the Lanvin boutique.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lanvin and Smalto are good addresses....they have very good cutters from the old school of Camps...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would avoid Smalto, since it appears to have become overpriced and derivative designer wear.

If the OP wants high-end ready to wear Italian suits, then try shopping on rue Marbeuf. Also Olden on rue St Honore and St Charles on rue de la Paix and rue de Castiglione. Also Purcell in the gallery at 26 av des Champs Elysees.

Lanvin's RTW suits are supposed to be decently made; I personally don't find their designer stuff very interesting and their more conservative RTW stuff is rather boring to me. Great bespoke shirts, though extraordinarily expensive. The Lanvin men's flagship shop is somewhat depressing and there is a surly melancholy in the air of it.

Hermes RTW suits are made by Belvest, which is good quality although perhaps not in the ranks of the very best Italian RTW. Cifonelli sells expensive RTW made in Italy, although I don;t know who by. Arnys sells RTW made by Zegna or an equivalent in quality. Decent quality, somewhat expensive.

I moved to Paris "for professional reasons" almost two years ago. Rather than spending lots of money on high-end Italian ready to wear, I took advantage of the frequent visit of English-speaking tailors like Henri de la Piscine. If I had to do it over again, I might try the bespoke tailor at Charvet. There are a couple other addresses, but most people haven't heard of them and anyone you read about in a magazine doing bespoke tailoring in Paris is liable to be more marketing than substance.

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Henri de la Piscine.

Too cute...do all the London tailors visit? I know Poole is your fave, but I would imagine that the gentleman could have a pretty broad selection in bespoke.

Cifonelli stuff is pretty nice - I would second the recommendation to check them out.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Henry Poole from London? A friend was not impressed by the balance of his bespoke suit ....

I'm trying Gabriel Gonzalez or Charvet...

houtes

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for sharing all the info! You've been very helpful indeed.

Thank You!!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he is ultra mega expensive...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads