• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to buy generic rivets for jeans?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
topic says all

thanks

iroh

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Local fabric/craft store?

srgprod

Reaction score
If you go to a Levis store, they usually have tons of rivets that you can get free.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was thinking some place local, wasn't really expecting to order them from india
eh.gif
, plus i only need a comple, so how much would that usually run me?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump
frown.gif

josephrex

Reaction score
First you need someone with a press to put it on.

Then they need to have compatible "dies" which fit into the press and hold the rivet and the tack into place.

So it's probably better to find an alterations/ repair place with a press and have them supply you with the rivet. As different rivets need different dies to set them.

If you are just going to try to use a hammer or something you could call a fastener supply or garment industry button type place and ask them to send you a couple samples.

doink

Reaction score
seeing that you are in toronto, stop by sydneys, and ask nice I am sure he'd sell you some or if you bought something give them to you.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by doink
seeing that you are in toronto, stop by sydneys, and ask nice I am sure he'd sell you some or if you bought something give them to you.

sydneys? do you have a link to a website? or a location?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics