• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy EG shoe trees?

bandeapart

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some EG shoe trees. Unfortunately, SkyValet is out of stock in my size. Where else can one find EG shoe trees? I'm located in Boston and would prefer to get them from somewhere stateside if possible. Thanks!

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren. Ask then for the $55 ones (in lieu of the $75 ones). Same trees except the knob says RL instead of the EG plaque.

rrosals

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Ralph Lauren. Ask then for the $55 ones (in lieu of the $75 ones). Same trees except the knob says RL instead of the EG plaque.

Which store has these? Do you know if they are the old style hinged lasted trees or generic shape?

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rrosals
Which store has these? Do you know if they are the old style hinged lasted trees or generic shape?

Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Can these be bought online?

Not online. Call the mansion in NYC. That's where I got mine. They can be returned to any RL store.

Note, mine were not $55. I think they were $75, and they were not the varnished type.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rrosals

I needed size 13 so they were scarce, first couple of pairs from the mansion, second couple the mansion ordered for me from the Dallas store, third set was from the Philly store. Call any store that sells shoes and they should be able to tell you which stores have them in stock in your size.

Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Can these be bought online?

No, via telephone. See above.

Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
Not online. Call the mansion in NYC. That's where I got mine. They can be returned to any RL store.

Note, mine were not $55. I think they were $75, and they were not the varnished type.

The $75 ones are identical to the $55 ones except for the box. Make sure to ask for the $55 ones.

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
I needed size 13 so they were scarce, first couple of pairs from the mansion, second couple the mansion ordered for me from the Dallas store, third set was from the Philly store. Call any store that sells shoes and they should be able to tell you which stores have them in stock in your size.

No, via telephone. See above.

The $75 ones are identical to the $55 ones except for the box. Make sure to ask for the $55 ones.

Bummer. I guess that's a $20 lesson for me. Thanks for the info.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to buy Lobb trees for all my Lobb shoes, EG trees for all my EG shoes, etc. and then I stopped caring. You can't specify last of the shoe tree, so I didn't see the point any longer.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Werd. So for $55 you get a good pair of unfinished trees in your specific size. There was a time when I thought the $12 Woodlore C21 specials were good enuff for all of my shoes.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
while we're on this, can someone tell me where I can buy cheap decent shoe tree in London. I can't find anything decent around 20 pounds, am I just looking at the wrong place?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads