• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy edward green

T900

Reaction score
I am keen to buy a pair of EG shoes. This will be my first pair.
For those who know, is chelsea 202 the classic choice (I only want plain captoe)?
Would you recommend getting in Hong Kong or New York?
Any other sources? Which is the cheapest?
Thanks

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by T900
I am keen to buy a pair of EG shoes. This will be my first pair.
For those who know, is chelsea 202 the classic choice (I only want plain captoe)?
Would you recommend getting in Hong Kong or New York?
Any other sources? Which is the cheapest?
Thanks

what is edward green?
foo.gif

LanceW

Reaction score
I use Leather Soul for ordering MTO. For regular selections that are available in the EG catalog such as a Chelsea in black on the 202, I have found redgrift [AT] elite-forum [DOT] co [DOT] uk to have the best price.

Sky Valet is another source that has not been mentioned in this thread. To help with sizing, I wear:

Alden Barrie 11.5D
Alden Van 12D
Allen Edmonds #5 12D
Edward Green 202 11.5E
G&G 11.5E
JL 7000 11E

GBer

Reaction score
Depends on where you are and where you frequent. How familiar are you with the fit? Pretty expensive to purchase without knowing your size in a 202. What type of sole do you want? Are you looking for RTW or MTO? London would be best if you are in that area. Sales occur after Christmas. It's also possible to purchase seconds from the factory in Northampton.

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer
Depends on where you are and where you frequent. How familiar are you with the fit? Pretty expensive to purchase without knowing your size in a 202. What type of sole do you want? Are you looking for RTW or MTO? London would be best if you are in that area. Sales occur after Christmas. It's also possible to purchase seconds from the factory in Northampton.

does edward green have an active factory store?

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynWeGoHard
does edward green have an active factory store?

Suggest contacting them:

http://www.edwardgreen.com

I know they have sales at the factory, not sure how active it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads