1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy classic, high waisted pants?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Broccoli, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli New Member

Hi everyone,

Sorry if I am out of place creating a new thread but, I am having a really hard time finding the kind of pants I'd like.
    The kind of pants I'm trying to find are the high waisted, 1940s, dress pants kind. See picture for further reference.
    [​IMG]

Now, does anyone have an idea or an example of where pants like those two gentlemen are wearing may be found?
    Since I live in Sweden stores are limited, purchasing from the internet would however be an option.

Thank you in advance,
    Regards,
    Broccoli

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Generally MTM or bespoke. Not commonplace at all and verging on costume in this form.

The Fedora Lounge maybe a better place to ask.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  3. Broccoli

Broccoli New Member

Okay, thank you! What is "MTM" btw?

4. Aieyric

Aieyric Senior member

Since your from Sweden ask sivletto , if they don't carry it they will know who does.

5. biged781

biged781 Senior member

Made To Measure.

6. William Fong

William Fong New Member

dg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  7. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

If you want pre-1950s styled trousers you'll need a tailor to make them for you. Or you could use a MTM program from a reputable store, but I'd probably like a fitting or two and a chance to speak with the tailor if you want this style.

I have found some 50s/60s styled trousers at O'Connell's though.