• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy affordable sport coats in the US?

KHTong

Reaction score
What are some of the shops that sell quality and affordable sport coats (under $200)?
I am looking for a herringbone or tweed one or one that is good for fall/winter.

I tried Zara but no luck..
There's one I really like from Banana republic but it costs $300. Those from Brooks brothers are super nice but as you know, they cost a fortune too.

Thanks!

Last edited:

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Qualty or $200. Pick one. You don't get both. Raise your budget to $400-500 and you'll find some decent options. At $200? not aware of any.

caktaylor

Reaction score
What are some of the shops that sell quality and affordable sport coats (under $200)?
I am looking for a herringbone or tweed one or one that is good for fall/winter.

I tried Zara but no luck..
There's one I really like from Banana republic but it costs $300. Those from Brooks brothers are super nice but as you know, they cost a fortune too.

Thanks!

Banana has almost constant 40 percent off sales. If it is not currently on sale, wait a week or two and it will be.

TheBludragon

Reaction score
Alright, I'm kinda new, but Goodwill is where I got my start. Other places like consignment stores can be good places to find higher end stuff (sometimes they overestimate the value of 2nd hand clothes). Honestly you won't get quality for under $300 brand new. The used, gently worn, market is your best friend.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox.com has a brand new brand called 8. I think this is their own brand. Original prices are already quite low plus now discounted 60% so just around $200 but if you look closely you can get ones with more silk or wool content fabrics. The cut is decidedly slimmer Italian.

seldom

Reaction score
Brook Taverner is having a Black Friday sale with heavy discounts http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/black-friday/jackets.html. I just picked up a tweed Magee jacket from Ebay.uk for about 50USD. Hardly used, the pockets were still sewn shut. EDIT: Although not in the US, Brook Taverner will mail there as will many sellers on UK ebay.

Last edited:

PDX-S

Reaction score
You might try giving ehaberdasher.com, or virtualclotheshorse.com, a try. Their selection is certainly smaller than YOOX, though they can have excellent deals and it is always nice to support a smaller business whenever possible.
I have personally just recently ordered from each of them and received what I felt was fantastic value.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might try giving ehaberdasher.com, or virtualclotheshorse.com, a try. Their selection is certainly smaller than YOOX, though they can have excellent deals and it is always nice to support a smaller business whenever possible.
I have personally just recently ordered from each of them and received what I felt was fantastic value.

Ehaberdasher is smaller but pretty much everything there is better quality than Yoox offers. Sartorial vs fashion forward stuff. Check out their Benjamin line.

CloudLi

Reaction score
$200 is more than enough if you can wait for sale or buying online. New Samuelssohn Canali, or under $100 for used Isaia Belvest

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads