• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy AEs?

loreley

Reaction score
I know this seems really obvious, but where is the best place to buy new AEs? I prefer not to pay full retail of course, but I would like the customer service to be there just in case, so no to options like eBay.

Nordstrom on sale? Zappos? I live in California, for what it's worth.

office drone

Reaction score
What kind of customer service do you need, may I ask?

I still like eBay...as long as you know your size, and buy from a reputable seller, you'll be saving quite a bit off of retail. I recently snagged a new pair of Delrays for $120 USD + shipping.

loreley

Reaction score
honestly, just in case the fit is off, or the need to return/exchange in a timely fashion.

smartxtai

Reaction score
There's an AE store near LA and San Francisco. Pretty much every shoe is available for you to try and you have the knowledge of the staff there to help you decide what the best fit is. As for the purchase, there's a small mom and pop shoe repair store in Oakland and the old woman that works there always gives me $100 off new AE shoes and applies a rubber sole free.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Nordstrom on sale or Nordstrom Rack, though I have been dismayed at some of what I've seen from AE lately.
I tried on a pair of AE Strand in the brown (Cigar?) shell cordovan leather about one week ago. They fit great and the asst. manager offered to knock a few beans off but I passed because the toecap was scuffed and the welt stitching at the toe was erratic in both placement and SPI. Oddly enough they were being sold as Firsts.
baldy[1].gif
I still like AEs but they need to step up their fit & finish game quite a bit before I would pay close to retail. Oh and both Endless(Amazon) and Shoebuy are great for AE purchases.

agoldf

Reaction score
I agree. I've noticed that fit can be slightly different even on the same model same last.

jim10

Reaction score
I just ordered the Park Avenue and Mcallister online from the Shoe Parlor and received 15% off and free shipping using code SPSURE

phailing101

Reaction score
Zappos has industry leading customer service as far as a return process etc. They usually have sales in the holidays too as I recall.

I'm with most of the other folks- I know what size I am and Ebay netted me some brand new AEs I wanted for $200CDN to my door.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads