• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy a tv online?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two days ago before I left to catch a flight, I was letting my out of work friend from kellogg sleep on my couch. He got up while I was in the shower, and when I came out, in nothing but my towel, he whipped his deoderant at me as hard as he could. The stupid *** got a full scholarship to Pitt as a pitcher. It hit me in the nipple so hard that I fell to my knees. It let out a yelp that sounded pretty unmasculine. He ran over to apologise, but I was still in a murderous rage and picked it up to return to the favor. He ran and stopped in front of my tv... it was early in the morning, I have a great arm... I took aim and he dodged it. Bye bye Sharp Aquos (cracked the glass and fell backwards onto the floor from a 4 foot table)

Where is the best place to buy that kind of **** online? I have had this tv for 2 years (it's not 1080p) but I was planning on getting more time out of it. Not making my friend pay, poor guy lost his job at Baxter's and his gold digging whore of a girlfriend left him for some douche who uses the phrase "make it happen" all the time. I bought this TV at best buy, but I don't have time to go to a brick and mortar (and frankly seeing the desperation in the eyes of sales people in stores in this economy makes me want to cry). I want my TV to be in my room by the time I get back (my building will put packages in my apartment, and I will even pay the doorman to set it up for me after his shift ends). I am lost without a tv. I have to have music/tv on while I'm awake. I just can't *********** and wipe ****** without the sound of Wolf Blitzer's voice booming from the living room.

So, where I can it buy it online from that's good? Also, what's the latest in TV stuff? Are the Aquos really good? I think the name "bravia" sounds really stupid, but I guess I can get over that.

Thank for you for any help guys.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newegg? http://www.avsforum.com/ might be a good place to get some info although it might be too much if you just want someone to tell you what to buy.

KhouriC

Reaction score
bought mine on amazon, helps if you know exactly what you want to buy

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KhouriC
bought mine on amazon

Same here, a 1080p sharp aquos this past summer. Price was good, delivery was very fast. No problems at all.

Price has since dropped so much it pains me to even look.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll endorse Amazon as well, not based upon personal experience, but based upon posts I've read at AVS Forum.

When it comes to LCDs, you want to look at Sony, Samsung, and Sharp. I bought a Sony 46Z4100 right before the Olympics. It was Sony's top of the line TV for about three months. I went to a Circuit City on Black Friday and saw it selling for $1000 less than I paid.
frown.gif

JohnRov

Reaction score
I got my plasma from Invision. They come highly recommended on avsforums. When mine arrived the forklift had done a number on it and they bent over backwards getting me a replacement. Edit: http://www.invisiondisplays.com/

skiwebster

Reaction score
I'd check out the forums at sites like fatwallet.com and slickdeals.net. That way you'd know what deals are currently out there.

indy116

Reaction score
Coworker had amazon drop one off a month or two ago. Came in about a week or so. He (more importantly, his wife!) was pretty pleased with the whole process.

I'd be looking hard at the Samsungs.. 1080p, 120Hz. Probably the 650 series. 650 has some nice features over the 550, and the 750 seems to add silly stuff, and the 850 is just super slim.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I ordered from Amazon. That seems to be the best place to buy **** as long as you know exactly what you want.

I appreciate it a lot and it should be at my place by Tuesday. I'm going back to Chi town on the morning of the 29th, just in time to see my alma mater play in the Alamo bowl.

RVAduffer

Reaction score
Have to add my $.02 for Amazon here. Free shipping, damn good prices and they came in set up the tv, plugged it in and took out the trash. All for a $100 bucks cheaper than the local big box.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads