• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to buy a brooks saddle (in canada) and are there alternatives?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
prolly not the best place to ask but hey, this place is pretty knowledgeable.

so im looking for a brooks saddle, any places in toronto canada or online (that ships to canada) to buy? how are the prices?

and are there any alternatives to brooks saddles? where are the competition? hard to believe only one company in the world makes leather bike seats.

iroh

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks isn't the only one, but they are certainly the classic and most commonly found choice. http://www.selleanatomica.com/ These guys make some leather saddles here in Wisconsin I believe. They look unique and I would love to try one sometime. Not sure who ships Brooks to Canada or where you can get one up north, sorry. They are some stylish saddles though (oh, and I hear they are quite comfortable too, once you break them in)

aragon765

Reaction score
If you are located in Toronto, there are a couple of stores that stock Brooks products. Brooks is distributed in Canada by a very commonly used distributor (Norco), so if the store does not have what you want in stock, they can easily get it.

I would recommend stopping by Curbside Cycles at 412 Bloor Street west, as they have probably the best Brooks selection in Canada (maybe even N. America). Info on the store here.

aragon765

Reaction score
Originally Posted by random-adam
Your best bet.

Buying a used leather saddle is not highly recommended as they tend to "wear in" to the specific user, but like all things, good prices are available online if you don't mind no service/warranty/possibly sat out in the rain/etc...
teacha.gif

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aragon765
Buying a used leather saddle is not highly recommended as they tend to "wear in" to the specific user, but like all things, good prices are available online if you don't mind no service/warranty/possibly sat out in the rain/etc...
teacha.gif

With something as personal as a saddle, it can be a crapshoot. If OP either a- knows exactly what he wants (and can find it among the many NOS/new/"mint" options in the link) or b- just wants a Brooks saddle to be part of the courier-chic urban fixed-gear scumbag look, I'd stick with eBay.

Otherwise, it is my sincerest hope that OP can find a stocking shop to really get a feel for how they're shaped and sized.
smile.gif

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aragon765
If you are located in Toronto, there are a couple of stores that stock Brooks products. Brooks is distributed in Canada by a very commonly used distributor (Norco), so if the store does not have what you want in stock, they can easily get it.

I would recommend stopping by Curbside Cycles at 412 Bloor Street west, as they have probably the best Brooks selection in Canada (maybe even N. America). Info on the store here.

haven't made a trip down there yet since ive been busy, but how are the prices for these bike seats?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads