1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy 2" silk skinny ties?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pnewelljr, Sep 8, 2012.

1. papercutshurt

papercutshurt Member

I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned www.thetiebar.com yet. They have quite a wide selection of what the OP is looking for, and at $15 a tie they're pretty much a steal. Quality is probably not terribly great, but you can't really complain at that price.

2. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

the tiebar has no 2" only 2.5"

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  3. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

It always helps to be specific when you're asking for advice. I gave you useful advice based on what you asked - and yes, thanks, I did know that United Arrows stocks this kind of thing, that's why I suggested them to you. You said that you couldn't find these ties anywhere, which is a bit different than saying that you could find them but you couldn't afford them.

So, $100 (US, I presume) is too much. You want cheaper, 2" silk ties. How cheap? What are you prepared to pay? How many do you think you need? etc.

4. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

I'm looking for the $50 price range. Silk, cotten, linen, cord. I just want decent ties I guess.

5. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Just for anyone looking for the same thing, I have yet to find decent silk ones, but these ties seem very nice and are made in the USA.

http://www.pocketsquareclothing.com

6. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Those are as good as you will get for that price range. You could also try The Knottery, but I think the narrowest they do is 2.25 on square-ended knitted ties. You are really unlikely to find a wide range or choice tat gives you a combination of quality and 2" width in the price range you want, because 2" is a rather extreme 'fashionable' tie width not conventional male style.

7. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

The width of your tie directly correlates to the width of your cawk. Any tie that is less than 7 inches wide is just embarrassing.

8. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

9. pauli

pauli New Member

I buy my ties from www.tiedeluxe.ca. Good selection, all silk skinny and classic size neckties. Also a good selection of silk bow ties and other accessories. Fast service, btw.

10. Stebbin

Stebbin Senior member