• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to buy 100% wool socks

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was on the kent wang website and i saw some socks and i was thinking maybe i should get a pair of 100% wool socks just to see how great they are. the socks were $25 which was too much for me at the moment, i check out ebay for 100% wool socks and the prices were not much better. where else can i go to buy 100% generic genuine black wool socks at less than $25 a pair? shipped to canada ofcouse.

poissa

Reaction score
you want a blend of natural fibers to synthetic fibers to hold the shape of the sock. There's a sock seller here on SF from Turkey or something that sells for roughly $10. It would probably meet your parameters.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
you want a blend of natural fibers to synthetic fibers to hold the shape of the sock. There's a sock seller here on SF from Turkey or something that sells for roughly $10. It would probably meet your parameters.
Funny that you mention synthetic fibres then mention Viccel (who I assume is the Turkish company you mean), since Viccel socks are purely natural fibres, wool or cotton; they contain no synthetics. A blend is only really necessary with socks which only come in a couple of sizes, when they are properly sized such as those from Viccel then they can fit okay without the need for the stretch of synthetic fibres.
Originally Posted by iroh
black wool socks
I wouldn't bother with black socks tbh, there are very few occasions where navy wouldn't look better.

poissa

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Thanks for the explanatino Sanguis Mortuum.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Viccel FTW. Best socks I've ever owned. And there's a discount for SF members.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got a link? I wanna check them out. thx

Xenon

Reaction score
has anyone compared Viccell 100% wool to zimmerli 100% wool? Comments?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried Viccell wool, but the pantherella wool socks I own are amazing
inlove.gif

STP had them on a great sale a while back, may come up again.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

maybe its little bit late response hope you will forgive me 
at most how long time have you been using a pair of 100% merino socks pair, we think that they are not strong as 100% cotton socks and we had to stop production of 100% merino socks ?

is it acceptable that 100% merino socks live less than 100% cotton ?

Turn inside out, wash in cold water and hang dry, there is very little difference in life time.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thank you, one more question, machine wash or handwash ?

Handwash or machine wash w/gentle or delicates cycle or machine wash w/ socks inside a mesh bag.

mesh bag for washing socks

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
I picked up the following PRL wool socks for $3-5 a pair:

polo-1.jpg

the MSRP is/was $$20 or so as you said. This was at DSW. I think they may have been clearancing them since they figure ppl don't wear them in the warmer months. Suckers!

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did viccel stop carrying wool socks? i am looking at the websire right now and all i see are cotton socks

Made in California

Reaction score

Handwash or machine wash w/gentle or delicates cycle or machine wash w/ socks inside a mesh bag.
mesh bag for washing socks

Does this washing advice apply to wool blend socks or can you be more lackadaisical with them?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads