• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where the wild things are

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i am not familiar with the book at all, but I though the trailer was well done... and its Spike Jonze so it should be good. I will probably netflix it, unless the mizzus gets stoked and wants to see it in the theater.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay - that looks monumentally cool. Will see, definitely.

Agree on the song as well, but it took me a moment to recognize it, from the different arrangement.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The book is 45 words...you didn't miss much. Adam Carolla shat all over it on his podcast...and he's right.

With that said, the movie looks like a very cool 'spinoff' from the book.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice trailer, but I don't care to see the film. If someone drags me to see it though, I wouldn't protest.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love that they're using practical puppets with a little CGI. Brings both a realism and a throwback to old school EFX.

I'm in.

lefty

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First Watchmen and now this. What literary classic from my childhood are they going to **** next? Love You Forever? That being said, it does look promising. Will catch on DVD.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
The book is 45 words...you didn't miss much. Adam Carolla shat all over it on his podcast...and he's right.

With that said, the movie looks like a very cool 'spinoff' from the book.

How old are you? This is book is very important. Hopefully the movie will be good. The trailer looks nice and Arcade Fire was a wonderful selection. Yay.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at him running with all of his jelly rolls. bahhaha.

What's next, a Strega Nona movie?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Look at him running with all of his jelly rolls. bahhaha.

What's next, a Strega Nona movie?

I hear "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"

Actually, Wes Anderson's film of Roald Dahl's "Fantastic Mr. Fox" is due out soon after. Ahh, hipster nostalgia!

The Snob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I hear "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"

Actually, Wes Anderson's film of Roald Dahl's "Fantastic Mr. Fox" is due out soon after. Ahh, hipster nostalgia!

NO. EFFING. WAY. They are making a "FANTASTIC MR. FOX"!?!?!?!??!?! I do believe that is the first book I read that was shaped like a small paperback. *fond memories*

(Ok if they do make a hungry caterpillar--- YESSSSS I LOVEEE ERIC CARL BOOKS!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads