• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where the beer flows like wine

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Talking about Aspen of course, and I'm heading there in a couple of weeks. This year American finally decided to put in a non-stop route from DFW to Aspen, which eliminates one of the 3 reasons why someone wouldn't want to live in my city of Fort Worth (the others being if one is repulsed by either the hot weather or the hot women), and which is obviously a nice shot in the arm for someone who loves Aspen/Snowmass.

As I haven't been there in a couple of years, are there any recommendations on new restaurants in the area that are must-hit spots? Despite Aspen's reputation for being overly ritzy, I have always found that it's easy to enjoy good food there in all price points if you take the time.

Retail is another story...the shopping there is generally **** if you're interested in finding a deal on anything other than ski clothes, as those pesky Russians and other uber wealthy foreigners (and some Americans, to be fair) are willing to pay obscene prices for the ugliest examples of furniture and clothing. But the flipside there is that the people watching is very entertaining.

Other than skiing daily, any other activities that would be recommended?

rollafan

Reaction score
Krabloonik, Mezzaluna, and Syzygy are pretty good. I'd say Syzygy is the best out of 3.

I absolutely agree that the shopping in Aspen isn't good. Their Ermengildo Zegna store is a joke..

As for activities, I can't be of a much help as I usually go there during fall. However, I've heard that dog-sledding can be a good choice.

I sincerely hope your flight will not get diverted to GJT because of bad weather.

Hannerhan

Reaction score

Krabloonik, Mezzaluna, and Syzygy are pretty good. I'd say Syzygy is the best out of 3.

I absolutely agree that the shopping in Aspen isn't good. Their Ermengildo Zegna store is a joke..

As for activities, I can't be of a much help as I usually go there during fall. However, I've heard that dog-sledding can be a good choice.

I sincerely hope your flight will not get diverted to GJT because of bad weather.

Thanks for the recs.

Aspen weather is a crapshoot as you know, but I'd hope we would get routed to EGE if there are issues. It wouldn't be the end of the world to get a car there and make the 90 minute drive...which is what we always did anyway before this direct became available.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should pm :foo: who was there recently. He will likely have quite a bit to say....

Hannerhan

Reaction score

12 inches expected over the next 36 hours and my flight is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I should have asked about the best airport food in DFW or Grand Junction when my flight is either cancelled or re-routed. :facepalm:

rollafan

Reaction score
12 inches expected over the next 36 hours and my flight is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I should have asked about the best airport food in DFW or Grand Junction when my flight is either cancelled or re-routed.
facepalm.gif

It looks like your flight has been cancelled... although it is not the end of the world for you if AA gave you seats from DFW to EGE (Eagle, CO about 70 miles away from Aspen) in a much more spacious aircraft than CRJ

ms244

Reaction score
We wanted to rent snowmobiles this year but it was like $400 a day if you go without a chaperroune.

Basically they set you out on some trails and give you a free for all.:slayer:

Hannerhan

Reaction score

It looks like your flight has been cancelled... although it is not the end of the world for you if AA gave you seats from DFW to EGE (Eagle, CO about 70 miles away from Aspen) in a much more spacious aircraft than CRJ

And that's exactly what happened. There were 11 in our group and luckily the EGE flight at the same time had 14 open seats as of when I called American. We were out $400 for the one way car rentals to Aspen, and 2 hours of our time, but oh well. Came back today and had no such trouble, as it was 50 degrees and sunny when we took off from Aspen at 12:45 PM.

On a side note, the snow was so good that we hardly left Snowmass because we were dead tired every afternoon. Only went into town once.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads