• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where should I go guys?

Star

Reaction score
Originally Posted by insolentpup
I'm 20, have 2 weeks to spare in summer, and have to go somewhere in europe on my own.

I'm looking for culture, women, sun and anything else thats cool.

suggestions?

Women, Sun and Culture sounds like the Coast of Spain.

Yes Milan is boring.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by insolentpup
I was thinking of going to Milan and Venice but most people seem to think Milan is boring, dull and expensive.

I spent very little time in Milan--mostly just a transit hub between lake como and florence--but I wish I had been there longer.

It was cool precisely because it was not the giant tourist trap that something like rome or florence has become. There wasn't a gift shop on every block...there weren't big signs telling you where each tourist attraction was. It was definitely a working city, like visiting Chicago and realizing that even at some of the big attractions, most of the people you see are probably locals.

I can see how there are people I wouldn't suggest Milan to, but on SF I would find it hard not to suggest a city with so much awesome fashion and design.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The **** lurve you United Statians.... Rimini.
laugh.gif
Roma.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Monaco

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a real question? France of course. Spend some time in Paris and then head down to the South for some pristine living.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
700 euro is a good budget for two weeks. 100 euro a day is what I'm living by next time. I tried to short hand myself on my last Europe trip and it ended up costing me fun.

Ex. Buying some beers at the supermarket instead of heading down to the bar and meeting up with random people even though it would be 5x more per beer.

and you want to have fun and party at 20? IDK why anybody is suggesting Paris. Hit up Amsterdam if you've never been, Ibiza is a blast (though is saturated with males if you don't know where to look), Barcelona is a good suggestion, Berlin is one of my favorite cities with a great party scene as well. Ahhh 4am at Tresor...good times, good times.

As previously stated, avoid Paris, Rome, etc. HUGE tourists traps and IMO so overrated.

otc-I loved Milan as well. SO much better than Rome and definitely got the same vibes you did. Love me so Grom too. I don't think this is what the OP is looking for though.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure enjoyed my summers along the shore of the southern tip of Norway. I would take a train through the Scandinavian countries. Summer is ideal, the babes look great, you have the long light evenings. You can visit London, Paris, Rome almost anytime of year and have a good time, but up North is to be enjoyed in summer.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I can see how there are people I wouldn't suggest Milan to, but on SF I would find it hard not to suggest a city with so much awesome fashion and design.

Great city, but not my favorite for summer. Best in the fall, winter, spring.

GreenNYC

Reaction score
Athens for a couple of days then hop the ferry to Mykonos then Santorini....end on Ios.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're a Brit? Do what all 20 year old Brits do and go get pissed and steal and break things in Greece or Spain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads