1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where should I go guys?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by insolentpup, Apr 13, 2011.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Is this a real question? France of course. Spend some time in Paris and then head down to the South for some pristine living.

3. dmash

dmash Senior member

700 euro is a good budget for two weeks. 100 euro a day is what I'm living by next time. I tried to short hand myself on my last Europe trip and it ended up costing me fun.

Ex. Buying some beers at the supermarket instead of heading down to the bar and meeting up with random people even though it would be 5x more per beer.

and you want to have fun and party at 20? IDK why anybody is suggesting Paris. Hit up Amsterdam if you've never been, Ibiza is a blast (though is saturated with males if you don't know where to look), Barcelona is a good suggestion, Berlin is one of my favorite cities with a great party scene as well. Ahhh 4am at Tresor...good times, good times.

As previously stated, avoid Paris, Rome, etc. HUGE tourists traps and IMO so overrated.

otc-I loved Milan as well. SO much better than Rome and definitely got the same vibes you did. Love me so Grom too. I don't think this is what the OP is looking for though.

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I sure enjoyed my summers along the shore of the southern tip of Norway. I would take a train through the Scandinavian countries. Summer is ideal, the babes look great, you have the long light evenings. You can visit London, Paris, Rome almost anytime of year and have a good time, but up North is to be enjoyed in summer.

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can see how there are people I wouldn't suggest Milan to, but on SF I would find it hard not to suggest a city with so much awesome fashion and design.

Great city, but not my favorite for summer. Best in the fall, winter, spring.

6. GreenNYC

GreenNYC Senior member

Athens for a couple of days then hop the ferry to Mykonos then Santorini....end on Ios.

7. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

8. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

I hear from french folk I've met that the southern coast near spain is well worth the trip.

9. AgentQ

AgentQ Senior member

10. unjung

unjung Senior member

You're a Brit? Do what all 20 year old Brits do and go get pissed and steal and break things in Greece or Spain.

11. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

I sure enjoyed my summers along the shore of the southern tip of Norway. I would take a train through the Scandinavian countries. Summer is ideal, the babes look great, you have the long light evenings. You can visit London, Paris, Rome almost anytime of year and have a good time, but up North is to be enjoyed in summer.
    +1. I'm kind of biased though, since I live on the southern coast of Norway, but it's beautiful. Can you say no to this? [​IMG] [​IMG] Be advised though, things tend to cost quite a bit. Want a beer? Prepare to pay $12 at a pub and $3-5 for a normal beer at the store. Something a little more exotic, like Nøgne Ø (a brewery located in Fevik, Norway) will run you anything from $8 to $18, depending on which type. A ciabatta at a cafÃ[​IMG] will cost roughly $10-$20. €700 for 2 weeks (assuming that's not including hotel and plane tickets) will cover food and drinks, but it's not going to be roomy. However, you don't have to eat dinner at a fancy restaurant every night, grabbing a baguette, some grilled chicken, a salad and a couple of cold beers and eating on one of the small islands is not bad at all. Apart from the rather stiff prices, it's brilliant. Long days, sun sets at ~12 am, but it's light again at 4 am and the weather is usually great. During the summer the Hove Festival is arranged in my hometown, Arendal, and the line-up is pretty decent this year, and the location is beautiful. http://hovefestivalen.no/english/ It's a short plane trip down to Copenhagen as well, so connecting from the US won't be hard. Well, I'm not going to totally de-rail this thread, but feel free to PM me if there's anything I can help you with.