Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where is your style going?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Superb0bo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

i was hoping jet dressed worse for talking so much shit...

but i was sadly mistaken :[

jet you should make a "how to dress" advice of the day thread... but without the use of the word plebe [​IMG] we can't all be big timers.

it was just a t shirt and jeans pic with a jacket, no real heat involved

and i feel like a dickhead for everyone jocking that pic but don't worry it doesn't make me any cockier than i already am

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

it was just a t shirt and jeans pic with a jacket, no real heat involved

and i feel like a dickhead for everyone jocking that pic but don't worry it doesn't make me any cockier than i already am

Yeah no hate bro but that fit was lame [​IMG]

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

I GOT SO MUCH SWAG

IS THAT WHy YOU MAD

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Your swag in WAYWT
    Like a red flag on a beach
    Keeps plebes out of the water

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Im steadily going with the same stuff, workwear-light, tradish. More english shoes, tucked in shirts and sports coats than a year ago though. I do not forsee any wild diversions the next year either.

6. ramp

ramp Senior member

Moving away from all black gothninja-wear. Bought some PBJ's today and for now I just want to wear jeans, sneakers, and a nice sweater. Focusing on building a wardrobe and not just getting individual pieces.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do for spring/summer too. Looking forward to it.

7. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

My office attire is what it is. I don't think it'll change until my workplace does.

My current weekend style alternates between workwear and prep. I'd like to cultivate a more "urban" take on prep (that's not a euphamism for black).

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

straight in the powerlifting shitter

9. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

My style is steaming towards full-on EG; lots of Victorian textures, more rumple, more drape, looser cuts. I've only just starting wearing shirts you don't have to tuck in. Cropped chinos and AEs are gonna get a lot of wear this S/S.

10. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I'm trying to mix rockabilly and ninja.

It's hard.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

straight in the powerlifting shitter

Looking awesome naked is better than looking good in clothes, especially since statistically most of our time outside our homes we're naked anyway.

12. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I was all over the place the past year, which was when I really started getting into actual "styles" in SW&D. I've fallen off the workwear wagon and don't anticipate getting back on; no flannels or super heavy IH denim for me. I'm in the process of getting into much better shape, so better fitted denim, drapier tops & knits. I have a lot of shitty low-end shoes, so getting rid of all of those; probably going to end up with ~6 pairs of sneakers (almost there, got 2 pairs of MMM GATs and a pair of beater MMMs, gotta pick up a pair of Lanvins and a pair of DBSSs), ~3 pairs of boots, and 3 pairs of boat shoes that I can wear when it's deep into the summer.

Hopefully the year 2011 will spawn my first WAWYT pic. I'm not in the right shape to do my clothes justice right now, and I don't have the wardrobe worthy yet. So I shall learn, acquire, hit the gym, and eventually poast.

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

Moving away from all black gothninja-wear. Bought some PBJ's today and for now I just want to wear jeans, sneakers, and a nice sweater. Focusing on building a wardrobe and not just getting individual pieces.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do for spring/summer too. Looking forward to it.

thats a pretty big aesthetic change, its like a complete 180. Seems like it was influenced by more than just money I'd bet. Either way if it makes you happy more power to you.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Soo, yeah... Pretty much the same.

Preppy-ish with a lean towards Mod for work attire. New standards, thrifted shirts, and Vans on the weekend.

I didn't pull the trigger on the Desert Boots, but I did find some older Bostonian Longwings to satisfy my need to diversify my shoe collection. My shirt wardrobe has remained the same. I did pick up a Fred Perry Sweater and Polo to add to my collection.

To be honest, my style is lacking direction and progression at the moment and I'm fine with that. There are other things I'm saving and planning for, style can move to the back-burner for a bit. If I had to look toward the future, I would say less items overall and greater quality.

Has it really been another year?

Well, I have kept with the preppy/mod styling, although I guess it can be difficult to tell mod from preppy. I've swapped out the New Standards for Levis STF and, just recently, a pair of EPs. And I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of desert boots.

Where is it going now? Well, I like the pairing of nice, refined clothing and a more rugged outdoors-y feel. Not necessarily workwear, but things that you wouldn't expect to see with a suit or tie. Other than that, it's still slim shirts and chinos, nice ties, V-Neck merino sweaters, Crew-neck Shetlands, OCBDs, desert boots, military jackets, canvas shoes, and slim denim.