Where is your style going?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Superb0bo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i want to dress like mellowfellow eventually though i could never kop the exact same pieces. but i find it hard to be "dressy" like that from day to day. and though jet talks a lot of shit and i can only remember one waywt photo of him, i can only imagine what his wardrobe is like and aspire to dress similarly like that for casual days. though he mentions a lot of different knits, and i only own three atm

however, when i see people like snake i think 'damn, something i can pull together' but the pieces are KKKK$$$$ expensive it seems so can only replicate on the cheap

and then there the far and few impolyt_one waywt that are pretty damn simple but so clean with a few pieces that really pull the look together.

just to name a few... everything else is pretty workwear-esque, which i have been doing since IMO, i think it is probably the cheapest in terms of cultivating a wardrobe around. posters like kunk do their fit great, but will just look ridiculous on me--i like the drape and siluoettes of the dark gradients (and have tried). just looks damn goofy

does softy post waywt fits?

3. Mr. Paul

Mr. Paul Member

I'm moving more towards comfort when it comes my everyday wear. All I really want to do now is invest in a few tailor made suits and a nice casual sneaker.

4. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

probably closer to men's clothing than actual streetwear and denim. lots of basics, greys, wools. workwear-preppy if you will... so kind of boring.. i guess its fair to ask the question here... is it too big of a contrast to wear something drapey knits like: [​IMG] with raw denim and the like? im interested in "diversifying" my look if you will but... uninspired by my ability to wear different things

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

This depresses me...you were my inspiration [​IMG] I thought you were a nomadic vampire from the Ozunu Clan roaming the desert avoiding zombies and nuclear fallout
    this is exactly the way I've been dressing, actually, so never fear. I'm actually feeling reasonably coherent these days. ps raw denim don't work with that shtuff

6. cowsareforeating

what i figured. i was dreaming though :[ grrrrr raw denim love/hate

7. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

My style is going towards boring and lazy, but better quality and not slobbish.

Shades of gray and black and white. More Vince, or simple or military inspired. No logos or graphics or embroidery. It's nice (and incredibly lazy) having literally everything in your closet matching each other.

If I call it reductionist or modern maybe I can get away with sounding classy.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

and though jet talks a lot of shit and i can only remember one waywt photo of him, i can only imagine what his wardrobe is like and aspire to dress similarly like that for casual days. though he mentions a lot of different knits, and i only own three atm

first i was like [​IMG] then I was like [​IMG]

9. cowsareforeating

i was hoping jet dressed worse for talking so much shit... but i was sadly mistaken :[ jet you should make a "how to dress" advice of the day thread... but without the use of the word plebe [​IMG] we can't all be big timers.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

don't buy raw denim, from what I've seen from your posts you're not the type for that.

11. cowsareforeating

too late.. im already an iron heart addict. i'm style conflicted if you will so i'm trying to go the route of two seperate "styles"... but i need some guidance and SF is only making me more conflicted. be glad to discuss my ignorance over pm if you'd be so kind.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

I think everyone went through that. The only "problem" here is that your style is evolving so you're not gonna know for sure what you want until you make mistakes, and can learn from them. I've bought a ton of shit I fuggin hate, and I expect to do that for a while until I get some coherency in my wardrobe. Just welcome that, and learn from it all.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

'shit' was probably a bad word (no pun). criticism is probably a better way to describe all the positive/negative comments people say regarding waywt, and im all for it. should post another fit for you guys to cream all over [​IMG] (10)

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

start worrying about what will look good on you, and not what looks good on others.

15. APK

APK Senior member

I'm glad threads like this still exist just so I can read what a dickhead I sounded like and what a dickhead I'll probably sound like in these posts when I read them in 18 months.

I feel burnt out on most button-down shirts, I don't even think I like indigo denim, and I concluded some time ago that I only want to wear a tie if I'm getting arraigned.

So hell, I don't know where my style is going. I don't have any money right now, anyway, so that isn't exactly a crushing premise for me. More time to observe and curate what I like best. Except without, you know, buying anything.