• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is the bottom?

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i embrace the eventual coming of death to tell you the truth.

i think the only thing that horrifies me is if i were to be inflicted alot of pain right before death. like accidentally getting my head lopped off by some machinery or being grinded up accidentally by some tree grinder.

other than that, i would embrace death.

I like to think I would, but I'm afraid my self-preservation instinct would take over and my last moments of consciousness would consist of flailing in sheer terror.
frown.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We all go through it. Then there are some who seemed destined to experience regular cycles of poor luck, while others develop a complex where something is always wrong. Don't let yourself become one of the latter. I've brushed with that state of being a time or two, and it sucks. Not only do you feel like nothing goes your way, but you also become a pain ********** to the people close to you.

I went through what I consider the toughest few months of my life in the fall of 2006. My mother suffered a brain aneurysm, my ex girlfriend started seeing someone when I was not yet over her, and I wasn't able to keep up with school. The upshot of this time was going through a toughening phase where I could later reflect and say I could handle severe adversity. This awful time also reminded me of the number of great friends I have in my life, since I was able to go to so many different people and talk their ear off about the above conflicts.

Three years later and I find myself in a situation that is probably the worst since the aforementioned bottom. The girl I had tentatively planned to move to New York with next year and eventually marry broke things off last month. We must still work together, so I have not been able to fully start the healing. As a student living on his own with almost no financial support from family, I struggle to pay all of my bills each month.

I'd be a liar if I said I was close to feeling stable about any of this. I know I've been through worse and can still come out of this unscathed. I don't know what your current situation is, but do your best to look for solutions and keep mindful of the bigger picture.

ozymandias

Reaction score
I misread 'life' for 'wife' and the the post for a second seemed interesting.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's turtles, all the way down.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i have gone through the toughest year financially speaking i've had since i was first married and my son was firstr born, but we are trying to realize that there are those who have it far worse. we love each other, have a home still and food on the table. unless you are born into total comfort (and even then in many cases) everyone will have tough times it seems.

+1

----

A friend of mine, died a few months back after a long drawn out battle with cancer all over her body, leaving her 2 very very young daughters and a grieving husband. She was just 35. Her final days were spent in and out of the hospital after experiencing terrible pain until the more than 20 tumors that spread around her brain has finally left her unconscious. Before that it was 3 years of going back and forth in different hospitals both here and in the United States, getting different treatments, trying to fight the inevitable just because I imagine she cannot just accept her fate and leave her young family behind. Until maybe 2 or 3 weeks before she died, she still had a positive outlook in life. She always kept us updated about her treatments, while at the same time remained a perfect mom and wife. And not once did I hear her complain even when we knew the pain was unbearable.

That made me realize that no matter how fucked up your life is, you still got it good compared to some.

So OP, care to share what your problem is?

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
That made me realize that no matter how fucked up your life is, you still got it good compared to some.

That is no consolation at all. Hey, you might have a 10-inch cock up your ass, but at least it's not 11 inches! By the way, 11-inch cocks may be in your future.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.

On the bright side, this has been a great diet. Seven pounds in a week... food doesn't like me anymore nor do i feel like eating.

I would have to say this last week has been worse than when I lost my mother a few years ago. The biggest problem is that i was always able to distract myself to give myself time to recover. Here there is no where i can go... So everything is smacking me right in the face every second of everyday.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
That is no consolation at all. Hey, you might have a 10-inch cock up your ass, but at least it's not 11 inches! By the way, 11-inch cocks may be in your future.

I am sure there is someone out there who lost 11" cock to an accident. Think about it for a second.
It makes me feel great instantly, about my situation down there.
bounce2.gif

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
I am sure there is someone out there who lost 11" cock to an accident. Think about it for a second.
It makes me feel great instantly, about my situation down there.
bounce2.gif

How arrogant to think that or worse can't happen to you!

Look ye, countrymen and Thebans, this is Oedipus the great,
He who knew the Sphinx's riddle and was mightiest in our state.
Who of all our townsmen gazed not on his fame with envious eyes?
Now, in what a sea of troubles sunk and overwhelmed he lies!
Therefore wait to see life's ending ere thou count one mortal blest;
Wait till free from pain and sorrow he has gained his final rest.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dwelling on the troubles of others usually causes me to empathize with their plight rather than feel better about myself. I generally try to avoid doing so altogether.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
How arrogant to think that or worse can't happen to you!

Oh,
inlove.gif
well,
shog[1].gif
thank you sir.
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads