• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is the best sushi in Atlanta?

shoeme

Reaction score
Having moved here from 2 other cities that had incredible sushi, I am disappointed with the sushi scene in ATL. I have tried MF Sushi (overpriced, mediocre fish, poor service) and a couple of places in Alpharetta that were fine. Not looking necessarily for trendy, just damn good sushi.

PITAronin

Reaction score
My daughter is a major sushi fan and she gives thumbs up to
1. Hanabi Sushi (small strip mall next to a Starbucks on Peachtree Industrial Boulevard just a little south of the intersection with Pleasant Hill Rd, which is quasi Duluth/Alpharetta) for a basic sushi fix

and

2. Taka Sushi (Pharr Rd between Peachtree and Piedmont in Buckhead) for really high end sushi involving presentation/ingredients you won't tend to find at too many places in the metro area. You may want to check out the comments on Taka at www.yelp.com.

Happy dining

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a little mom-and-pop sushi restaurant on Peachtree Rd., near Buckhead (but before Piedmont). It's across the street from the Barnes & Noble place, IIRC. Great sushi, in a very cozy setting. I forgot the name since it's been such a long time.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have always liked Pacific Rim on Peachtree Center. Its probably not the best, but its very good.

tdangio

Reaction score
The Publix on Ponce clearly has the best sushi in Atlanta.

Nickiemoto's on 10th and Piedmont always has people rave about it, but I was not particularly impressed with the sushi. Luckie on Lucky St and Ivan Allen Blvd is yet another normal restaurant trying to cash in on the trend by throwing sushi into the mix, not awful, but not anything special and the service is pretty bad.

On an unrelated note (but I am eating one now), if you're looking for bagels, Bagel Palace in the Toco Hills.

paeday

Reaction score
Another in support of TAKA in buckhead and Sushi House Hiyakawa on Buford Highway is good. Go on thursdays if possible. Lots of places get their weekly deliveries here in ATL on weds. Avoid going on mon and tues if possible.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Tairyou is good for a koreanized sashimi experience.

For no suprises I like Circle Sushi on Roswell Rd.

dsgNYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by paeday
Another in support of TAKA in buckhead and Sushi House Hiyakawa on Buford Highway is good. Go on thursdays if possible. Lots of places get their weekly deliveries here in ATL on weds. Avoid going on mon and tues if possible.

+1 for Taka...there's always Rusans...

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsgNYC
+1 for Taka...there's always Rusans...

I hope you are not serious aout Rusans? Are you talking about the one the does the lunch buffet? It is not terrible, but I wouldn't put it in a top ten.

Nobody mentioned Rays in the City.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
necro-posting i know ... but happy to see Taka getting a lot of love on here.

happier to know that i live across the street from them and walk there for sushi at least once a week. will miss it when we move.

danilo

Reaction score
will have to check some of these out, still haven't had a descent sushi

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
will have to check some of these out, still haven't had a descent sushi

You are in atlanta? we have a large presence here that's for sure.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
There's a little mom-and-pop sushi restaurant on Peachtree Rd., near Buckhead (but before Piedmont). It's across the street from the Barnes & Noble place, IIRC. Great sushi, in a very cozy setting. I forgot the name since it's been such a long time.

I believe this is Hashiguchi next to Lenox. I can't think of any sushi place near the Barnes & Noble and I remember when that shopping center was built so I'm kind of familiar with the area.

Anyway yes, Hashiguchi is good. The baby octopus is delicious. May go there for dinner Friday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics