• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is a good place to eat in Chelsea (nyc)?

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My co-worker... a super hot lesbian is going on a date with some other super hot lesbian this week. The two lesbians want me to go out to dinner with them... since my coworker (a good friend of mine) always tells the other woman about me. I know.. weird situation.

In any event... the 2 ladies want to go out to eat in Chelsea. I dont know why the girls want to go to Chelsea... but its my job to find a place to go.

What are some places with good food and good drinks in Chelsea? I dont really care about the price. I just want to make sure I suggest a nice place for all of us to go... All suggestions are welcomed. No matter the cuisine, price, etc...

Just has to be in Chelsea.

Thanks very much

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One longtime place that is easy & comfortable is Viceroy. 8th Ave at 18th St.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
My co-worker... a super hot lesbian is going on a date with some other super hot lesbian this week. The two lesbians want me to go out to dinner with them... since my coworker (a good friend of mine) always tells the other woman about me. I know.. weird situation.

In any event... the 2 ladies want to go out to eat in Chelsea. I dont know why the girls want to go to Chelsea... but its my job to find a place to go.

What are some places with good food and good drinks in Chelsea? I dont really care about the price. I just want to make sure I suggest a nice place for all of us to go... All suggestions are welcomed. No matter the cuisine, price, etc...

Thanks very much

This sounds hot. gdl's hood, so I defer....

samblau

Reaction score
RUB Barbeque on 23rd off 7th...than go to Trailer Park Bar down the block for a quick drink. There are classy high end places there now, Morimoto, Del Posto etc. but prob not what you are looking for. Not sure if Corner Bistro counts as Chelsea, but damn good burgers and a fun spot.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RUB is a good place for some BBQ...not so sure on a date with 2 hot lesbos.

Morimoto at the Chelsea Market might be a good choice.

If you don't mind heading a tad south, L'artusi is another good option at 228 West 10th Street.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblau
RUB Barbeque on 23rd off 7th...than go to Trailer Park Bar down the block for a quick drink. There are classy high end places there now, Morimoto, Del Posto etc. but prob not what you are looking for. Not sure if Corner Bistro counts as Chelsea, but damn good burgers and a fun spot.

Appropriate establishment name for two hot lesbians to have dinner.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chelsea is pretty big - any specific area (i.e. closer to flatiron or closer to meatpacking?)

If you're going to "restaurant row" on 10th avenue and really don't care about the price, then go for Del Posto or Morimoto - both are very good, former being traditional and latter more inventive. Craftsteak is OK too if your friends are steak lovers - IMO the sides are better than the steaks.

Cookshop is always a safe bet (everyone seems to like cookshop) but food is by no means exceptional. I am a fan of Brasserie Klee - the chef-owner does a really nice job and it's rather small and friendly. Bartender is a cool guy - didn't know how to make a Maidstone or Southside so I walked him through it and we made it together...

If weather is cooperating, Gascogne on 8th Av has a little garden and very decent French food. Not hip by any means. Same goes for our favorite vietnamese restaurant O'Mai - good stuff, nice people, not very hip.

Here are some other recommendations - but not necessarily very fancy. Some places don't take reservations though (e.g. Tia Pol)
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...58&postcount=5

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Chelsea is pretty big - any specific area (i.e. closer to flatiron or closer to meatpacking?)

If you're going to "restaurant row" on 10th avenue and really don't care about the price, then go for Del Posto or Morimoto - both are very good, former being traditional and latter more inventive. Craftsteak is OK too if your friends are steak lovers - IMO the sides are better than the steaks.

Cookshop is always a safe bet (everyone seems to like cookshop) but food is by no means exceptional. I am a fan of Brasserie Klee - the chef-owner does a really nice job and it's rather small and friendly. Bartender is a cool guy - didn't know how to make a Maidstone or Southside so I walked him through it and we made it together...

If weather is cooperating, Gascogne on 8th Av has a little garden and very decent French food. Not hip by any means. Same goes for our favorite vietnamese restaurant O'Mai - good stuff, nice people, not very hip.

Here are some other recommendations - but not necessarily very fancy. Some places don't take reservations though (e.g. Tia Pol)
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...58&postcount=5

Have you had a consistently good experience at Del Posto? I only went there once but had a horrible meal. Even my date agreed that the food was sub par. I'm talking half cook penne bad, btw.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only went there once - appetizers, sides and desserts were very very good but the main (roasted veal chop for two) was not as great as the expectations we had built after the awesome appetizers and pasta. By "half cook", I take that they were too al dente for you?

Originally Posted by blackplatano
Have you had a consistently good experience at Del Posto? I only went there once but had a horrible meal. Even my date agreed that the food was sub par. I'm talking half cook penne bad, btw.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
Del Posto's pasta is always very very al dente. I love it, but some don't
I remember it being great. I cook my own pasta very al dente too and often send pasta back in restaurants when it's soft.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the options. I need to call my co-worker and ask her to narrow down her choices (in terms of what part of Chelsea).

Let me see if i can be more specific. You guys are the best. Maybe I can convince the 2 hot lesbians to invite me over for dessert. lol

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President

Thanks very much

your apartment

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Only went there once - appetizers, sides and desserts were very very good but the main (roasted veal chop for two) was not as great as the expectations we had built after the awesome appetizers and pasta. By "half cook", I take that they were too al dente for you?

I like firm, but the pasta in question still had a flour-ly taste I didn't appreciate.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
are they lesbian or bi, figure this one out is probably more important...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads