• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is a good place to buy shoe care supplies in Toronto?

matthelm

Reaction score
Try Novelty Shoe Rebuilders on Yonge Street. They had some interesting stuff there last time I stopped in. I bought some Lincoln polish that I like and haven't seen anywhere else.

Albern

Reaction score
Novelty Shoe Rebuilders; I'll have to give that a try.

If I may try to further enrich this thread by suggesting a place to not go to, it would have to be almost any of the Moneysworth & Best franchises throughout the GTA. While they do have an okay selection of shoe care products they are certainly not great. I do like their split toe cedar shoe trees but at $40.00 (CDN) a pair, you can certainly find ones of at least equal or better quality for much less. The Cedarville Store for example looks like a better bet for stuff like that.

In terms of service, I don't think I could ever trust anyone there with my shoes. They don't seem too knowledgeable and I don't mean to sound like an ageist but everyone working at a Moneysworth & Best store seems to be too young to really know how to properly repair shoes.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to try Roy's shoe care in the Manulife centre.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked past Novelty the other day and noticed they're having a sale. Cedar shoe trees were $25, IIRC.

Oddly, I've found Meltonian shoe cream at more than one Shoppers Drug Mart.

warmpi

Reaction score
any suggestions for Vancouver? as to where to go, or where not to go?

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Florian Gray
My cobbler at Yonge and Eg sells subpar shoe care products. Can anyone please advise me of a place that sells quality creams, etc. for a fair price?

Thanks,

Had to make this thread reborn since I live at Yonge & Eg and am wondering if it's the same cobbler I use... inside the Yonge & Eg Centre past the LCBO?

Nexus6

Reaction score
Has anyone tried 'Moneysworth' ? http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...meta=&aq=f&oq= http://moneysworth-best.com/stores.html I have not used their cobbler services, but buy my polish & leather lotion from them. Here's a tip.. KIWI Leather lotion ..look on the back..'made for KIWI by xxx Woodbridge Ontario' Moneysworth Leather Lotion...identical text on the back
wink.gif
and you get more.

Albern

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nexus6
Has anyone tried 'Moneysworth' ? http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...meta=&aq=f&oq= http://moneysworth-best.com/stores.html I have not used their cobbler services, but buy my polish & leather lotion from them. Here's a tip.. KIWI Leather lotion ..look on the back..'made for KIWI by xxx Woodbridge Ontario' Moneysworth Leather Lotion...identical text on the back
wink.gif
and you get more.

Hey Nexus, I mentioned Moneysworth above at post #4. As I had hopefully alluded to while there products are okay I'm not too confident of their services (repair, resoling, etc...) There are a number of franchises in Toronto that have in the past year been bought out by one gentleman and if I may say so constructively while he is a nice guy (having dealt with him in person) he seems to be employing much younger guys with less experience (or even none at all) and they are all of the same ethnicity. I'm obviously not trying to sound racist or anything but when it comes to shoe repair, hiring standards should be based on qualifications and not merely on race. It's the kind of feeling that I get when I go in and ask questions. So far my experience is limited to the one in the Eatons Centre, Fairview, and one other location I can't remember. Go to either or two of the locations mentioned and you'll get a better idea of what I mean.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Albern
I'm obviously not trying to sound racist or anything but .

Racist!!! I kid. Moneysworth & Best (most awesome store name ever) is a crap-sandwich, and I refuse to take a bite.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Albern,
Ahh!
Ok I see your words on #4, thank you
smile.gif

How I didn't see it earlier was probably because the sun half blinds me late afternoon.
Must have been the glare on my screen & it got by me.

I agree with you 100%.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got lost in that underground massive system near the hilton and when I popped up there was a place that was like unlike any other store I saw, they had every type of shaving cream from England that you can imagine and shoe supplies from 12 different vendors.

I will see if I can get lost again down there and see if I spot it.

Albern

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of shoe care in Toronto and even the GTA, would anyone know where Woodlore Ultra shoetrees are available? I did order them through Cedarville (service and everything was great) but the shipping and customs just killed all the value in them. I did contact Woodlore and they were kind enough to provide me with a decent list of retailers who do carry their products but not necessarily the Ultras.

I figured I'd ask you guys first before making all those calls.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Living in Toronto and looking at the USA & Europe,
is like being a penniless child looking into the window of a candy store.

I share in your frustrations.
Please do make your calls.
I'll try looking too. ...there has to be a solution.
lurker[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads