1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where/how to fix ripped suit pants in dc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by markr, Jul 9, 2004.

1. markr

markr Senior member

Running to catch a train yesterday, I was forced to squeeze past someone who wasn't as rushed as I was, and in doing so, I brushed my thigh against the granite exterior of Union Station here in DC. Unfortunately, my cell phone was in my front pocket, and when I brushed against the building, my pants leg ripped. The rip is about a half an inch long. It is not terribly noticeable, but obviously needs to be fixed. Anyone had this experience? If so, is it possible to get the rip mended? Any recommendations for a tailor in DC to do the work? Thanks.

2. houston

houston Well-Known Member

You could try Baytok on Wisconsin next to Sky Valet. I had something similar happen to me a few months back and he sends the pants to some woman who will reweave the fabric. When I got them back I couldn't tell. That said, I'm really not very impressed with this tailor overall and it took along time to get my pants back (3 weeks), but the woman who does his reweaving is very good.

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

I guess I'd add that you ought to check in also at Field's English Custom Tailors, which is three or four doors up from Baytok. I've been using them for tailoring the last year and they do a fine job. They'll be able to help you -- whether inhouse or sent out.

4. shoefan

shoefan Senior member

I had a few items re-woven a few years ago at Ida's in Arlington, just off of Wilson Blvd., around the corner from Queen Bee restaurant. I believe she actually does the reweaving. The work is very good, if she is still there.