1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where find quality shoe brush (US)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by matcha, Nov 27, 2004.

1. matcha

matcha Well-Known Member

Where should I search for a good quality, horsehair shoe brush. Internet and NYC suggestions, please. Every store seems to carry the same mediocre quality models.

2. Kai

Kai Senior member

I found mine at a shoe repair store.

3. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

4. Horace

Horace Senior member

I wonder if Kent makes them. I know that they don't make the daubers, and I've been looking for some good quality ones for a while.

Whatever happened to the Fuller Brush Man?

Did you try e-mailing Alden or Allen-Edmonds? Find out if their stuff is made in the USA. They might have some good quality kit there.

Please let us know what you find out.

5. novalis

novalis Senior member

I was looking through some old posts at Andy's Forum on shoe polish and someone mentioned Baltayan polish (Lyon, France). Their accessories page lists some horsehair brushes as well as a couple of specialty ones. Seems like they have nice shoe trees and polishing kits as well.

6. matcha

matcha Well-Known Member

The Baltayan shine kits look great. I'd love to find a horsehair polishing brush and daubers to buy in the US. Most places seem to sell the same brands of brushes. I'm looking for the equivalent in quality of a Mason Pearson or Kent brush, but for shoes. I tried a dauber brush from Nordstrom's and it shed hairs.

7. petescolari

petescolari Senior member

I couldn't determine from your post if you require the shoe brush to be made in the US? Â I know you would like to be able to purchase in the US or preferably NY. Â If you don't care if it is made outside the US, Kent does in fact make shoe brushes. Â I am not sure if they are stocked at Boyd's on Madison/60th? Â I know they carry the Kent line and on their website, but I did not see the brush. Â Here's the link to Kent: Kent Maybe Boyd's could get it for you from their distributor. I have some of the Allen Edmonds brushes and daubers. Compared to some of my other ones, they are a step above, especially the daubers. Hope this helps.

8. matcha

matcha Well-Known Member

Doesn't need to be US-made, just to buy it here. Thanks.

9. Horace

Horace Senior member

Are you sure Kent makes shoe brushes? I emailed them and they said that they do not. I was also surprised that they don't make hat brushes -- they suggested that I try Lock & Co. (but the price.).

10. matcha

matcha Well-Known Member

Kent sells a shoe shine kit but won't sell the brushes separately. I wonder if it's their brush or made by a different manufacturer.

11. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Try this

Call me, I have 100% horse hair brushes for $4.95 and $8.95, bith colors tan and black, small and large.