• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where does Michael Jackson get his suits from?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Chris Rock put it "he dresses like Captain Crunch." He's too rich and eccentric to buy his stuff from a bargain basement store. It must be bespoke, because I can't imagine a store that has an entire rack of these suits.
31706207us5.jpg

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's clearly from FNB's fabric book.

sarto

Reaction score
his nose is definitely bespoke. har har.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I look at the tie, the more i think "Eric Glennie"

pharrow59

Reaction score
then again, if it were bespoke, then it should actually fit him. this is quite the mystery.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pharrow59
then again, if it were bespoke, then it should actually fit him. this is quite the mystery.

Well, to be fair, he's not in the traditional iGent pose with both arms straight down facing straight ahead in front of the bathroom mirror to show you how perfectly his jacket fits.

skeen

Reaction score
Michael is bespoke all the way. I remember watching something on MTV about the guy who makes his shoes. He pays up to $25,000 for them if I remember correctly. You can forget about the rumors of him being broke - people have been saying that for..many many years. You're either broke or you're not!

This is a man who can print money out of thin air if he so chose. Just a single interview, a photo shoot, some kind of promotion, and that's millions in the bank. Not forgetting that he is co-owner of the most prestigious music catalogue ever.

What I like about Michael's dress, generally, is that he has clearly gained a lot of inspiration from characters from the 50's, and earlier, so you can see him wearing some really classy stuff sometimes. And as this photo demonstrates, he's not afraid to push the limits of fashion either (and not too far). He's probably the most unrecognized fashion icon.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1. I'm always quick to admit he's influenced my style, although my cut-off point is somewhere around '89. Also, what the guy must have done for Bass Weejun sales back in the day probably netted him a sweet shareholder deal. He is totally indebted to various showman heroes, sartorially and otherwise, such as Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly and his military regalia was inspired

That said, his suit here kills the current "pyjama chic" trend stone dead

Millerp

Reaction score
Most of Michael Jackson's clothes are costumes.
There are many theatrical/movie costume designers/fabricators in Hollywood.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I heard recently on the news that he may be on his death bed. Some rare illness/disease.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His plastic surgeon.

Lately, everything is made to the same standard
cry.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads