• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where do yoy buy your Dress trousers on sale?

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
I see Zanella trousers for sale at Nordstrom now. Where else a do you get quality brands on sale?

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barneys, Nieman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and Saks are still having their summer sales. So is No Man Walks Alone I think. I picked up some nice Zegna and Isaia pants at Barneys last month. Check eBay vendors like LuxeSwap who carry lots of NWT pants like Rota that are hard to find in stores (apart from NMWA of course).

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
Do you know which store a may have which brands to try on? Would rather try on before buying online.
Barneys, Nieman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and Saks are still having their summer sales. So is No Man Walks Alone I think. I picked up some nice Zegna and Isaia pants at Barneys last month. Check eBay vendors like LuxeSwap who carry lots of NWT pants like Rota that are hard to find in stores (apart from NMWA of course).
Do you know which store may have which brands to try on? Would rather try on before buying online.

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
Check out Shop the Finest and their eBay site.
Caveat: The last time I checked STF only issues store
credit or exchange instead refund.

I have a few pair of their dress slacks. I forgot the brand.
They have worn very well.
Thanks a lot! I think I'll buy from here!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dapper Classics is quite good. Disclosure: they do business with a company I work for, but I also genuinely think they make solid quality trousers.

Other options: Rota at No Man Walks Alone, Epaulet's house line, H. Stockton's house line in Atlanta, and Berg & Berg. Those are slimmish options with a mid-rise. Berg and Epaulet are probably the slimmest, so depending on your taste, that may or may not be a good thing.

dluce76

Reaction score
Thoughts on Spier and Mackay dress trousers?
Do it. Fantastic. And for the price? Best value around. When on sale? Even better. My entire wardrobe, and many other people's wardrobes, has been converted over to S&M. They are launching MTO soon too, so will have even more options.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 103 30.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%