• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you shop in Toronto?

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
This question isn't limited to just Torontonians since I'm sure a number of out of towners partake in some shopping while visiting.

Whether it be high end or main stream, dress wear or streetwear, what shops in Toronto are your favourites?

Why do you like them, what do they offer, and what are their price points?

AB01

Reaction score
Bloor H&M and Eaton's Centre H&M. Others don't have the expanded men's section. Great price. Plain quality. Good for a few slim fit pieces.

Korrey's 569 Danforth. High quality and brands. Got a sportcoat and Hugo Boss slim FC shirt before other stores had such a thing.

Bayview Village Mall. Two men's stores. Higher-end items. Good selection for the small space. Nice staff.

Winner's. All locations. You'll never know what high-end brands you can get at a discount. Had luck in the summer, but no finds lately. Great for discounted belts, ties, underwear and socks. The shoes suck.

Ebay. High-end brands can be found cheaper online. Do your research. Know your sizing.

JustWhiteShirts.com 1991 Leslie St. High quality materials that the brand names use without brandname markup. My size was sold out.

The Bay. I stay away from the shirts. Good for odd items. Worth a look. Modest prices.

Harry Rosen. All brand names. Expensive, but good. Only buy something there that's perfect. You are paying full price.

Sears. Go on weekend sales, Sundays. Worth a look for odd items at modest prices. Similar to The Bay.

Holt's. In Yorkdale. Same as the Harry Rosen. Different layout. Hight prices and all brand names.
I need more suggestions just as much as you. Toronto doesn't seem to have anything special that I know of.

dclloyd

Reaction score
There's also an 'unpublished' Harry Rosen outlet in the Heartland Mall area in Mississauga. Sometimes hit or miss depending on the season, but I've found some good deals there!

maufic

Reaction score
I make frequent trips to NY and do almost all of my shopping in the U.S. or thorugh mail order. If anyone can tell me where to find decent deals in Toronto I am all ears.

literasyme

Reaction score
I think the problem is finding bargains, and shoes. There are a number of very good men's boutiques in Yorkville -- V, Marc Laurent, the Pal Zileri store in Hazelton Lanes (they also carry Cuccinelli and other goodies), etc. The new;y refurbished and expanded HR on Bloor is cool, and the new shoe selection is at least semi-decent by TO standards, but everything's very expensive. So in general I'd say Toronto is less of a sartorial wasteland than is sometimes suggested, but the prices are often prohibitive. Hence B&S is my best friend, and eBay's a good buddy, too.

chrome_dout

Reaction score
Oh boy, just came back from Woodbury and my advice is to take the trip down. It's completely worth it. I have a few items I need to return to HR and BR in Toronto as I picked up their equivalents for significantly less.
smile.gif

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrome_dout
Oh boy, just came back from Woodbury and my advice is to take the trip down. It's completely worth it. I have a few items I need to return to HR and BR in Toronto as I picked up their equivalents for significantly less.
smile.gif

Worth it even with the exchange/duties?

maufic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd

Whenever I'm in the NY area I stop at Century 21, Filenes Basement, Nordstrom Rack etc. and I always find at least a few things worth buying. Even with the exchange rate and duties the prices are much lower than we pay in Toronto. Even the retail stores in the U.S. have much better sales than we have in Toronto. Given my trips to NY and online stores, ebay etc. I don't think I have bought anything in Toronto in the last 3 years.

Toronto has many of the same brands, but the prices (lack of bargans) are a joke.

chrome_dout

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd

Yes without a doubt. My gf and I both work at banks and get pretty good exchange rates which help. Also we stayed at her father's place (about 1hr away from Woodbury) which also helps. Here is the list of purchases that I can recall right now with prices.
For me:
Banana Republic black wool/cash button up (30)
Banana Republic dark grey wool/cash sweater (30)
Polo RL navy wool sweater (40)
Polo RL dress shirts (30x2)
ZegnaSport blue zip up sweater (65)
Armani Collezioni dress shirt (80)
Brioni dress shirt (75)
Carolina Herrera dark beige wool/cash sweater (80)
Eli Tahari jacket (150)

For mom:
Coach black tote (108)

For dad:
Boss black label dress shirt (60)

For gf:
Banana Republic dress shirt (25)
Banana Republic blouse (20)
Banana Republic wool pants (30)
Polo RL cable knit cardigan (45)
Coach black tote (108)
Nine West brown boots (40)
Nine West black pumps (40)
Eli Tahari blazer (115)

BTW we stayed for 4 days, and our limit is 800 total, we didn't pay duties. If you can go before Black Friday you should get everything you want before the crowds hit. But don't expect to go to Cucinelli or Loro Piana and find killer deals.
smile.gif

finch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB01
Korrey's 569 Danforth. High quality and brands. Got a sportcoat and Hugo Boss slim FC shirt before other stores had such a thing.
People still shop there? Should be closed just for their lame radio ads...

- Holt Renfrew on Bloor
- Harry Rosen on Bloor
- Yorkville bunch of great higher end shops and boutiques
- Bloor St. between Yonge and Avenue Rd. Everything from GAP, Banana, Gucci, LV, Lacoste, Prada, Winners etc.
- Queen St. E. Between Spadina and Peter there's some good shopping -- Brand names GAP, Roots, Club Monaco and boutiques.

-If your after vintage Kensinton Market, some cool shops and a great mens store Tom's Place.

-If your looking for Malls downtown has the Eaton Centre, mid-town there's Yorkdale, Fairview and Bayview Village all accessible by transit/subway uptown-north there's and outlet mall Vaughan Mills.

mykel67

Reaction score
How long of a drive is Woodbury from Toronto?

maufic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mykel67
How long of a drive is Woodbury from Toronto?

The closest one is near Rochester. It's a 3 - 4 hr drive.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by finch
People still shop there? Should be closed just for their lame radio ads...

What?! You don't like Saul Korman and his barely literate manager Franco?

There is really nothing to buy at Korry's but overpriced Canali and Hugo Boss crap.

Besides Rosen and Holts on Bloor, there are two other shops dowtown that carry nice merchandise. The Pal Zileri shop in Hazelton Lanes has Cuccinelli, Roda, Santoni shoes... and the other small shop whose name escapes me now, at FCP that sells Mantellassi shoes, Borelli... Expect to pay big $$.

Otherwise, Tom's Place in Kensington market has Corneliani and a few other nice things on the second floor (especially samples from Pal Zileri, Corneliani...). I usually pick up some things during their semi-annual warehouse sales at the Bloor JCC (was just last week) and the Airport convention centre.

Harry Rosen outlet in Mississauga is hit or miss. Prices are high though I bought a Zegna jacket (very hard to find Roma Cardigan model) there a few weeks ago.

Holts Last call at Vaughan Mills is often the best bet for sportjackets (currently 40% off the already 60% off retail prices), ties and sometimes shoes (just bought some beautiful Zegna Couture loafers additional 30% off
inlove.gif
).

I've also bought some great Samuelsohn stuff at The Bay (Bloor or Queen) at deep discounts but there seem to fewer of those 40% + 50% off sales since the new owners took over.

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Otherwise, Tom's Place in Kensington market has Corneliani and a few other nice things on the second floor (especially samples from Pal Zileri, Corneliani...). I usually pick up some things during their semi-annual warehouse sales at the Bloor JCC (was just last week) and the Airport convention centre.

I've been meaning to drop by Tom's Place, I'm in Vancouver and only make it to Toronto a few times a year. Any idea as to the price range they typically sell their Corneliani suits at?
biggrin.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Holts Last call at Vaughan Mills is often the best bet for sportjackets (currently 40% off the already 60% off retail prices), ties and sometimes shoes (just bought some beautiful Zegna Couture loafers additional 30% off
inlove.gif
).

Umm - what????

I need to get there ASAP!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics