• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you shop in Toronto?

gj555

Reaction score
You may hate Saul Korman's lame radio ads but they really do work. I never understood why you would sell both Canali and Zileri (I always thaught they hit the same price point with C a touch more conservative than Z).

As for other stores, I always liked Perry's on Bay street just north of Bloor. A little more old school but like their samuelsohn selection and they have a wide variety of clothes for their MTM program.

As for the place in FCP recommended by EL, beware of their private label suits. Nothing more than a servicable Jack Victor made suit marked up to $800.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robert Jones in Royal Bank Plaza also carries Cucinelli, Pal Zileri and Samuelsohn.

The store in Hazelton Lanes that EL is referring to is called Via Cavour. I almost literally drool everytime I walk by there because of their window displays.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
Robert Jones in Royal Bank Plaza also carries Cucinelli, Pal Zileri and Samuelsohn.

The store in Hazelton Lanes that EL is referring to is called Via Cavour. I almost literally drool everytime I walk by there because of their window displays.

It's a very nice store. But it's way way over priced compared to what I can purchase that stuff for in the US.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gj555
As for the place in FCP recommended by EL, beware of their private label suits. Nothing more than a servicable Jack Victor made suit marked up to $800.

Well I didn't really recommend it more than pointing out the different places that sell nice stuff. They do carry nicer suits than JV although I'd never buy anything there either way.

I don't remember seeing any Cucinelli there but he does have Borrelli shirts and ties if I recall correctly.

Are you looking for shoes or sport jackets from HR Last Call? Not much in the small sizes for coats but there is a bunch of Isaias wool/cashmere in a cool burgundy/cream like houndstooth pattern for ~ $600. I would hold out for the 60-80% off since they seem to have a lot of those.

I also think they may still have a couple of pairs of the zegna couture loafers in 8.5-9.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Tom's Place in Kensington market

Wow, I just realized I haven't been there for at least 5 years. Does Tom still do his seemingly arbitrary discounting?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Occasionally drop by Walter Beachamp Tailors when I visit friends in the city.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing any Cucinelli there but he does have Borrelli shirts and ties if I recall correctly.

Are you looking for shoes or sport jackets from HR Last Call? Not much in the small sizes for coats but there is a bunch of Isaias wool/cashmere in a cool burgundy/cream like houndstooth pattern for ~ $600. I would hold out for the 60-80% off since they seem to have a lot of those.

I also think they may still have a couple of pairs of the zegna couture loafers in 8.5-9.

The Cucinelli is new. They'd just gotten stuff in the last time I'd taken a jacket there for alterations (maybe 2-3 months ago).

And thanks for the Last Call update.

I was trying to get some friends to drive me up there today but got shot down. I was definitely looking for smaller sportcoats so it's nice to know I'm not missing anything yet.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
It's a very nice store. But it's way way over priced compared to what I can purchase that stuff for in the US.

Definitely - I just like their displays.

Also, I've gone into Theodore 1922 in the Annex a couple of times and they have a decent selection of stuff including Samuelsohn MTM.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely - I just like their displays. Also, I've gone into Theodore 1922 in the Annex a couple of times and they have a decent selection of stuff including Samuelsohn MTM.
Theodore is an excellent store as well. David is a great guy. I've purchased quite a few things from him.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
.......overpriced Canali and Hugo Boss crap......

Holts Last call at Vaughan Mills is often the best bet for sportjackets (currently 40% off the already 60% off retail prices), ties and sometimes shoes (just bought some beautiful Zegna Couture loafers additional 30% off
inlove.gif
).

I've also bought some great Samuelsohn stuff at The Bay (Bloor or Queen) at deep discounts but there seem to fewer of those 40% + 50% off sales since the new owners took over.

Man you TO guys are so spoiled compared to the down trodden MTL shopper!
frown.gif

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd
I've been meaning to drop by Tom's Place, I'm in Vancouver and only make it to Toronto a few times a year. Any idea as to the price range they typically sell their Corneliani suits at?
biggrin.gif

So I know I'm replying to myself here, but in case anyone's interested ...

Stopped by Tom's Place today while in the city on business. Downstairs they had a "5 for 1" sale going on of fairly basic suits - all fused, Lauren some Arnold Brants etc. At $200 or so per suit probably not a bad deal.

Upstairs they had an amazing collection of Corneliani suits - even in my size, 38R, which I've been finding somewhat hard to find. Good basics too - navy pinstripes, grey etc. Prices were as tagged $1150 - $1350 or so, and Tom offered to take another $250 off. Decent price on some great suits. Had some other nice ones upstairs with Cerrutti fabrics etc. More than I wanted to spend, but way better selection than I was expecting.

Totoro

Reaction score
I really hate how much money you have to spend in this city. It is truly a constant struggle for any one who is a student, or a bargain shopper, or hell even those that are willing to spend a reasonable sum. Instead of just ranting, here're a couple of stores that I like: TNT Blu at Hazelton Lanes is where I bought my favourite pair of denim. It's more hipster than sartorialist, but if that's what you like then TNT has probably the biggest selection in town. Noir on Bloor has a selection of more established brands. In my opinion, they are a perfect medium between the denim/collector sneaker boutiques and stuffy Harry Rosen. They have the only selection of Dior Homme denim I've seen in Toronto.

korce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Theodore is an excellent store as well. David is a great guy. I've purchased quite a few things from him.

Theodore certainly has great product but David can be a bit of an @$$. I went in looking for a white shirt and he had me try on a beautiful ETON slim fit (fresh from the packaging). As soon as I asked about price ($325!) and expressed that I was looking to spend closer to $200, he commented rather rudely that I wouldn't find any shirts in that price range from him, and seemed very angry at the fact that he had removed the shirt from the packaging and I wasn't buying it.

Nice product certainly, but a bit overpriced, and David can be rude based on my experience.

Mustapha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce
Theodore certainly has great product but David can be a bit of an @$$. I went in looking for a white shirt and he had me try on a beautiful ETON slim fit (fresh from the packaging). As soon as I asked about price ($325!) and expressed that I was looking to spend closer to $200, he commented rather rudely that I wouldn't find any shirts in that price range from him, and seemed very angry at the fact that he had removed the shirt from the packaging and I wasn't buying it. Nice product certainly, but a bit overpriced, and David can be rude based on my experience.
I've walked by many times, never been inside. Beautiful window displays. Toronto's best selection of colourful pocket squares. You've identified an issue with these small shops with rarefied goods - the prices can be a shocker, and the staff can get miffed easily if they think you are wasting their time trying on things. I usually just look; after asking something like; 'what's the price range of these shirts?'
smile.gif
lol, a friend of mine was trying on expensive watches at the European Jewellers a few blocks east on Bloor - for fun - at lunchtime - asking lots of questions - they eventually told him 'we have nothing for you here, sorry'.
laugh.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's also Nicolas on Cumberland (right next to the cinema) and they carry Paul Smith, Lardini, and Boglioli I believe. Again, prices are $$$.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads