Where do you put your phones in a suit?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Suitjunky5151, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Suitjunky5151

Suitjunky5151 New Member

If you have a huge smartphone like a Samsung Galaxy or LG G5, where do you put it when wearing a suit to avoid bulges/drape issues?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017

2. GClub1866

GClub1866 Active Member

in a fire proof bag....or the bin.

Sorry all joking apart mine normally goes in the inside suit jacket pocket. Sometimes these are a little tight so ill either create a larger pocket or have a tailor put one in. Never normally costs much to have a decent sized pocket added to a suit jacket and comes in really handy.

I would get on google, find you nearest tailor and give them a call or pop in with phone and jacket.

thanks
    GClub1866

3. ThomGault

ThomGault Senior member

I agree with Gclub: the inner breast pocket is best. However, if you need a tailor, I wouldn't go to just the nearest tailor...I'd get recommendations of a good tailor from coworkers or friends who dress nicely and have clothes that fit properly. A good tailor is a well-dressed man's best friend.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017

4. jacksonkeeper

jacksonkeeper Well-Known Member

Tailors can add an inner pocket to suit jackets? Have not heard of this until now. This can be a game changer

5. GClub1866

GClub1866 Active Member

Hell yes they can my good fellow.

In fact if you want to make it really special they can even add a secret pocket. I had one added in my overcoat once that was big enough for a A4 envelope which was ideal.

6. maxalex

maxalex Senior member

My tailor in Rome, the impeccable Andrea Luparelli of Sartoria Ripense, trained me several years ago to keep my phone in one of the outside waist pockets of my jacket--which is exactly what he does. The reason is that properly bespoke jackets such as his creations are meant to fit the body like a second skin, especially around the chest. Sticking a phone in the inside chest pocket ruins the perfect lines and is as insulting to him as pouring salt on a perfect dish would be to a chef. Those inside pockets are for holding folded papers or very thin flexible billfolds, not a rigid phone. Outside waist pockets on the other hand are meant to accommodate bulkier items.

To the same point, third-party phone "cases" are unnecessary and only add more bulk. Your phone already has a case; if it didn't, wires and stuff, or the little elves that make it work, would fall out of it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017