• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where do you "outclass" everybody?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was talking to somebody the other day, and he kept trying to impress me, but essentially he was trying to impress me in areas that I am very strong - so it kept failing.

Later I was talking to my wife about it, and trying to explain it - I always find it funny that people will try to "compete" with me in areas that I am very strong in, but not so much in areas that they are obviously stronger in.

one thing that I like about the SF, is that there are a lot of people who are "stronger" than me in many of the things that I have always been considered strong in, in my groups of friends. I guess that most of us are the best dressed among their friends, but when we are in a group like this, you find yourself interacting with people who can outshine you.

where are your stregths? what are you better at than most people you know?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
- Clothes (duh)
- Romance (or at least near the top of my friend class, other guys are pretty good with girls too). I mean "hitting on girls" though. I am pretty ****** and finding true love, unfortunately.
- Sports knowledge...cool, I know.
- Ability to BS
- Drinking

Funny thing is, despite going to a good school and being quite bright, intelligence one place I don't outclass my friends. Too many people who have gone on to get advanced degrees at top institutions, or started their own companies, or are in top finance jobs. I'm hardly friends with any people who are not as smart or smarter than me.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
According to many, and this was turned into some kind of saying that really made the rounds, "nobody despises like Fuuma".

hamish5178

Reaction score
Cooking, Guitar playing, musical knowledge (bands, etc). At least in my circle of friends.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
In my circles of friends:

1) Dress
2) Drinking (capacity)
3) Drinking (wine knowledge)
4) My ability to compartimentalize, and not give a damn about current problem/issues at work.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
4) My ability to compartimentalize, and not give a damn about current problem/issues at work.

Wish I had more of that.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I outclass people at being awesome.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standardized testing. I will destroy any of you.

Doing well in school? I fail epically

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not getting into e-peen contests about where I excel?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Standardized testing.
I've been blessed with the same gene.
Now, if there was some way to make insane amounts of money doing so...
confused.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Not getting into e-peen contests about where I excel?

So what you're saying is, you have a great ability to take yourself and the InterWebz too seriously?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Within my group of friends-

1) dressing well
2) knowledge of airplanes, aviation, etc
3) knowledge of firefighting, some EMS
4) okay with photography

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Within my group of friends-

1) dressing well
2) knowledge of airplanes, aviation, etc
3) knowledge of firefighting, some EMS
4) okay with photography

Huh, I was expecting you to say something along the lines of "pubic hair".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads