• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you guys buy your T shirts?

jaustin

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm sick of going to malls looking for cool t shirts and not being able to find anything. It's pretty rare that I find a T shirt that I like and I was wondering where you guys go to buy yours.

Thanks alot and I'm looking forward to your comments.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wahoos_leg_alamanac.jpg

jaustin

Reaction score
uhh, what's with all the wrestling shirts? I was referred to the streetwear forum from the men's clothing thread because they said I'd get BETTER results...

So far their best suggestions have been:

www.activeendeavors.com

www.threadless.com

any others??

no_pseudonym

Reaction score
Urban Outfitters?

It really depends on what your style is, and what do you find cool.

Max

Reaction score
Are we looking for prints or solids? I don't really go for prints any more, or anything other than polo shirts anyway.

jaustin

Reaction score
I guess a bit of both...

I feel that solids are a bit too boring for me, so I try to go for prints. I hate most prints though... especially ones from places like american eagle and everything that tries to copy them.

What do you do to make solids not look too boring? and where do you get your solids?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
solids - H&M and AA or just go buy a 3 pack of haynes black tshirts, cant' go wrong with a black tshirt!

I can find good stuff at threadless.com oddica.com or even ..........com has some cool Paul Frank shirts for under $30 and I know that I'll probably never see the same shirt in Baltimore anywhere.

I like unique shirts but I would never pay $150 for a Dior Homme tshirt when I can breakout my old silkscreen gear and just make the same thing for $15.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda like some of the tank theory prints

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaustin
uhh, what's with all the wrestling shirts? I was referred to the streetwear forum from the men's clothing thread because they said I'd get BETTER results...

So far their best suggestions have been:

www.activeendeavors.com

www.threadless.com

any others??

Perhaps you should have actually read my post instead of responding in the manner that you did.

The wrestling shirts were jokes. The "constructive addition" suggested 3 stores, purposely eschewing Active Endeavors as *********** over this site, and recommended where you could find more links.

Thanks.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My problem with T-shirts in the present era is that most anything with words on it seems very "ATTITUDE!" in a way that I find very Unfortunate '90s, and anything with some sort of graphic tends to just make the wearer look like some sort of sad **** (and I mean that in the post-post-ironic non-perjorative sense, which I am presently creating) who sits around listening to Godspeed! side projects.

This is, of course, assuming you aren't seeking the sort of upscale ****** togs proffered by The Hundreds or any other hypebestiary. Of these, the less said, the better.

Urban Outfitters stuff is too easily picked out of a crowd as, "Oh, there's the guy who went and bought the overpriced version of what people I didn't like were buying at thrift stores four years ago," unless you go for the URBN classix like the shirt with Buddha and bellyrubs or "Jesus is my homeboy!" or whatever, at which point I'm not really sure what to think of you in 2007.

I guess what I'm saying is BUY THE SHIRT.

180px-NWo_2000.jpg

NEW NEW NEW WORLD ORDER.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solids= 2xist. They're good quality and fit exceptionally well. Don't buy solid shirts from urban outfitters. They develop holes in the neck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads