• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you get your haircut?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Great Clips on Bristol and MacArthur. 8.99 a cut!

love it! sometimes it is
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sometimes it is
ffffuuuu.gif
for a couple of weeks.

(haha.. just joking. it is a very decent cut)

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
I've been going to my haircut place for 3+ years now and she charges $12 but I use to give her a $20 and told her to keep the rest. she felt bad since i go about every 10 days or so and gives me back a $5.

she takes about 15 or so minutes to cut my hair.

ffffuuuu.gif
Why would you get your hair cut so often?

B. Roth

Reaction score
I go to a salon called Planet 21 (an Aveda salon). I pay $30 for a cut + $5-$7 tip. They don't use clippers so everything is done by hand with scissors and razors. When I was in my late teens/early 20s I used to go to Great Clips or Super Cuts and I always hated my haircuts. I just thought that I didn't like my hair. When I started trying to look more presentable I figured I would shell out for a haircut at a salon with a good reputation one time to see if there was really a difference. I refuse to go back to the cheap places ever again. I didn't realize how much of a better job a well trained stylist would do. $35 dollars every month or two isn't very expensive to feel good about the way I look.

JesterM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by B. Roth
When I was in my late teens/early 20s I used to go to Great Clips or Super Cuts and I always hated my haircuts. I just thought that I didn't like my hair. When I started trying to look more presentable I figured I would shell out for a haircut at a salon with a good reputation one time to see if there was really a difference. I refuse to go back to the cheap places ever again. I didn't realize how much of a better job a well trained stylist would do. $35 dollars every month or two isn't very expensive to feel good about the way I look.

This was my experience exactly. I always wore my hair short and assumed since it was such a simple haircut there would be no difference between the chain places and more upscale salons. Well after supercuts gave me a bowl cut and left one sideburn an inch longer than the other I tried a more expensive place for damage control and was amazed at the difference in quality and overall atmosphere. I pay about the same ($28+tip) which is over twice what supercuts charges but it's well worth it.

darkdream

Reaction score
Almost anywhere that is not a chain or one of those cheap places. Those cheap places are only good if you want to shave all your hair in a generic style and they can not do good scissor work. I usually pay from 30-80 dollar a cut (been living all over California lately for college).

Agent GQ

Reaction score
My hair is extremely thick and dry, so it always takes me a while to find a stylist/barber I like when I move to a new place.

I was lucky here in CO as the first time was the charm. The place is called "Floyd's 99 Barber Shop". It's a 'rock and roll' type salon chain that tries a little too hard to be edgy and employs a lot of Suicide Girls female stylists (always a plus in my book).

My personal philosophy is to always go with male stylists, as they do a better job with my difficult hair and female stylists have fucked up my hair in the past . My guy is cool as **** and always cuts my hair exactly how I want it, so I'm happy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics