• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you get your casual clothes?

bigbucky

Reaction score
I'm stuck in the JCrew, Banana Republic ghetto. There's gotta be something between here and Cucinelli that looks good.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual pants: mabitex, incotex, h&m, zara, levi's, helmut lang, j. crew, brooks brothers
Shirts: modern tailor
Polos: land's end canvas
Sweaters & cardigans: land's end canvas, h&m
T-shirts: hanes undershirts
Shoes: superga, polo, ryan rowe
Belts: canvas belts

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
ive started to like ralph lauren and BB for chinos and ocbds....for denim ive been liking naked and famous and gitman bros shirts

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nat Nast, Polo, RRL.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
There is actually a streetwear and denim subforum

Yeah, I've seen how those guys dress:

5165545642_253ddb3278.jpg

I'm with the OP, it is hard to find casual clothes that aren't too dressy and don't make you look like you are going to play golf.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face

5165545642_253ddb3278.jpg

I'm with the OP, it is hard to find casual clothes that aren't too dressy and don't make you look like you are going to play golf.

Yes, it is hard to find stuff that isn't too dressy and doesn't make you look like you're playing golf (streetwear? denim?) if you don't actually want to look.

I wonder where i'd go if i wanted to learn about handmade shoes? ****. can't go to MC, they might turn me into some type of fuddy duddy.

Here's a hint. Look at the MCer's who also post in SW&D.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have them made, but Rugby, Prada and APC are guilty pleasures when I don't.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually Dekelong, because they have my size and the quality is pretty good.

Siwash

Reaction score
I had a walk through a Zara recently and was pleasantly surprised at the selection and decent prices of some items.

bigbucky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
qft
Originally Posted by hendrix
Yes, it is hard to find stuff that isn't too dressy and doesn't make you look like you're playing golf (streetwear? denim?) if you don't actually want to look.
I'll bite. Where do you shop? Cause that pic seemed pretty representative of what I saw over on SWD. And all the business casual stuff on MC is usually BB or Land's End and it does make you look like you're playing golf.
Originally Posted by David Reeves
I have them made, but Rugby, Prada and APC are guilty pleasures when I don't.
thanks I knew APC from the jeans but I'll have to check out the rest of their line

bigbucky

Reaction score
Never heard of Lands End Canvas but it seems like a slightly hipper version of LE. Bought a couple shirts. Also looked at Club Monaco. I thought it was just another Structure but looks like they actually have some decent stuff http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=206102 +1 for Zara and H&M. Forgot about those

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbucky
I'll bite. Where do you shop? Cause that pic seemed pretty representative of what I saw over on SWD. And all the business casual stuff on MC is usually BB or Land's End and it does make you look like you're playing golf.
Where i shop is probably not what you're looking for. Also, that question is sorta like "tell me what clothes is should buy", when it's better if you just figure it out for yourself. Having said that, i will post a few pics from SW&D to show it's not all a riot. I found these within 5 mins so they're not the definitive best, just trying to show that there's some fairly conservative looks over there.: aeglus
tumblr_lnge7hanzl1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
mellow fellow
5098725682_114203c945_z.jpg
berlin report
DSC_0480.jpg
Originally Posted by Brian SD
34view.jpg
Peacoat: TOJ Shirt: TOJ Trousers: Jil Sander Shoes: Jil Sander

Originally Posted by whodini
IMG_4866.jpg
Lee 101 AA WvG RW
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-b...0/IMG_4155.jpg https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4...MG_4146_2.jpeg
IMG_4149_2.jpeg

Originally Posted by driveslowk
LVBFu.jpg

Originally Posted by driveslowk
dsc04280j.jpg

Originally Posted by warlok1965
img1338tl.jpg
Crescent Down Works RRL Crate W+H

Originally Posted by sq4you
took these shortly after the rick owens fiasco
IMG_0877.png

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
DSC01799.jpg
Was cold this morning.
DSC01800.jpg
Still pretty windy but it warmed up a bit.
DSC01804.jpg
Opening Ceremony short jacket Filippa K roll neck pullover Club Monaco v Raf x Raf jeans Raf x Raf hightops

Originally Posted by BB1
wjk.jpg
wjk M66 Lad Musician tee Mr. Olive denim W+H boots

Originally Posted by baconzilla
TOJ1JILPANTS.jpg

Originally Posted by Nil
SunnyDays.jpg
ToJ Hanes APC Vans

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads