• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you buy your C&J?

free man

Reaction score
Well I am looking to get a pair of C&J shoes for Christmas, but I need to be able to recommend a good site to order from, specifically that is easy and simple. They have to take returns & exchanges incase they do not fit properly. So make your recommendations!! Thanks!

Will Knowles

Reaction score
Plal.
Pediwear (unsure about returns, but you can use their price match offer to get the Plal price -5%).

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you return shoes to plal?
Brooks Brothers has some C&J made shoes and you can get them pretty cheap on sale.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plal. they are great guys to deal with. right now, you get an awesome exchange rate.

yes you can return ship for any reason.

sf_esq

Reaction score
I recently purchased two pairs from plal. My experience has been excellent. Very professional, good service and prices. With the current exchange rate, per some other threads here (do a search), some of the non-hand grades may be slightly cheaper at Robert Old, but the handgrades are cheapest at plal or Pediwear (I haven't tried Pediwear so can't comment on them, but they do apparently offer price match less 5% on handgrades). Depends if you want handgrade or not. Good luck.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would only buy at a local retailer (Shoes are different). They have sales, too.

magnus_h

Reaction score
I buy at my local cobbler too. Slightly more expensive, but I can look at different models and discuss them with him and I when I walk out of there I know the shoe fits.

Perhaps if I were buying additional shoes on the same last I could order off the internet and save money. Still like going into the store and having a chat though, so probably not.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 on plal.. very helpful, and they even offer to pay shipping on your first exchange so that you get your size right.. Returns are no problem at all, and the staff is very helpful..

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some from Barneys, some form C&J store in T&A on E57 St.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
barneys, brooks bros, polo, ebay.

Sadly, I've gone through at least 10 pair of CJ shoes and none were from plal or pediwear. they sound great though

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barney's, Polo, plal.

knowsnothin

Reaction score
Plal and Polo:

For my first Plal purchase, the owner offered to send me shoes in two different sizes to ensure proper fit.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
2 pairs so far, I went to the Turnbull store to try them on and then ordered from plal.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Ben Silver sells them but you don't get much of a break. I don't think this was mentioned. Plus you can buy from the John Lobb/CJ store in NYC. They have a catalog that you can order from and you place phone orders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads