• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where do you buy VASS shoes ?

intfxdx

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Where do you buy your VASS shoes ? I contacted the website vass-cipu.hu but i find prices to much. i mean shoes are ok but the shipping + transaction fees will cost me sth like 80 Euros (and shipping is for Switzerland, going to Budapest by train costs less...) So i decided not to buy it for the time being now, but i would like to know where do you buy your pairs ?
also how are CJ shoes compared to VASS ? I buy CJ for a reasonable price(i order them via pockets.co.uk and i know the guy who runs the store, he offers me shipping, as it comes from UK no taxes paid to UK and for the customs we manage it) at least i can say that for the price of 1 VASS i can easily buy 2 CJ Bench made shoes. Do you think that 1 VASS worth more than 2 CJ ?
Waiting your valuable suggestions before ordering 3-4 shoes..

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i wouldn't buy shoes, i haven't tried on, over the internet. but that's me

a friend of mine uses this store in vienna. give'em a call and see what they can do for you.

they are doing vass for several years now.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Everyone,
Where do you buy your VASS shoes ? I contacted the website vass-cipu.hu but i find prices to much. i mean shoes are ok but the shipping + transaction fees will cost me sth like 80 Euros (and shipping is for Switzerland, going to Budapest by train costs less...) So i decided not to buy it for the time being now, but i would like to know where do you buy your pairs ?
also how are CJ shoes compared to VASS ? I buy CJ for a reasonable price(i order them via pockets.co.uk and i know the guy who runs the store, he offers me shipping, as it comes from UK no taxes paid to UK and for the customs we manage it) at least i can say that for the price of 1 VASS i can easily buy 2 CJ Bench made shoes. Do you think that 1 VASS worth more than 2 CJ ?
Waiting your valuable suggestions before ordering 3-4 shoes..

Go to Budapest Stay at the Gresham Palace. Spend an hour at Vass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham_Palace

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No personal experience with benchgrade, but Vass is certainly better than C&J handgrade.

jc4jax

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Bergdorf Goodman is the sole authorized retailer for Vass in the US, but you could get it for less than half the price in Budapest allegedly.

forseti6

Reaction score

I read somewhere that Bergdorf Goodman is the sole authorized retailer for Vass in the US, but you could get it for less than half the price in Budapest allegedly.

Nope. Bergdorf stopped carrying them when they took over the shoe department from Adam Derrick

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kolecho through the Forum. Send him a PM and he can answer all questions and take good care of you.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

intfxdx

Reaction score
Thanks guys but i am in Switzerland so through the forum is not a good solution. I think i will order by pair 1.5 months before christmas and will go to Budapest for Christmas and take the shoes right there. I decided to order a couple of CJ (Tetbury for winter and a Westfield) shoes for the time being now.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys but i am in Switzerland so through the forum is not a good solution. I think i will order by pair 1.5 months before christmas and will go to Budapest for Christmas and take the shoes right there. I decided to order a couple of CJ (Tetbury for winter and a Westfield) shoes for the time being now.

Just curious: how are you figuring out your size? Just like everyone else here?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kolecho through the Forum. Send him a PM and he can answer all questions and take good care of you.

you recommend this for an european guy? btw, what happened to eiko trausch from budapester schuhe?

again my vote for going to budapest.

Last edited:

intfxdx

Reaction score

Just curious: how are you figuring out your size? Just like everyone else here?

I have 2 CJ shoes on 348 last which fit me fine. I also tried 8.5 CJ on 348 last and they are too small for me. I will order F last from Vass, it's true that maybe Vass fit is not for me but for size i guess it should be also UK 9. I contacted the guy and he suggested 9. So size is 9 but fit will be or won't be good i am not sure but i guess it's hard for me to find a shoes that fit perfectly because i have very narrow feet close to heel. So this is the best i can do, unless i decide to go for a bespoke.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have 2 CJ shoes on 348 last which fit me fine. I also tried 8.5 CJ on 348 last and they are too small for me. I will order F last from Vass, it's true that maybe Vass fit is not for me but for size i guess it should be also UK 9. I contacted the guy and he suggested 9. So size is 9 but fit will be or won't be good i am not sure but i guess it's hard for me to find a shoes that fit perfectly because i have very narrow feet close to heel. So this is the best i can do, unless i decide to go for a bespoke.

Based on this reasoning, you're still "flying blind". Follow Fritzl and/or my advice. Either deal w/ Eiko Trausch or go to Budapest
and try on shoes..

BTW, I did spend an hour at Vass in Budapest several years ago and they were unable to fit me. I am an extremely difficult fit.
But that's another story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads