1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you buy the majority of your clothes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I was wondering where the well-dressed members of the forum buy their clothes.  Lately, the vast majority of my clothing purchases have been from brick-and-mortar discounters (usually Filene's Basement), with a smattering of purchases from large retail stores during their clearance sales, Bluefly, and consignment stores.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Discounters for staples (tshirts, underwear, etc...) and the occasional steal (although Filene's Basement is great for suits), specialty stores for pieces I really want (not too many stores stock Unis, Yoko Devereaux or Wrangler 47, for example,) and the internet for wierd, one off pieces.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I would say ebay and B&M Discounters, with ebay getting a little more dollar value from me.

4. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

eBay, and I mean everything from eBay.

5. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is my hobby. All serious spending is with specialty craftsmen (shirts, tailored clothing and shoes) outside the U.S.. Am currently having fun arranging for a Hong Kong shirtmaker to sew a dozen shirts from cloth from a Italian shirting mill (thanks to the Cloth Club). My next holiday will be to Budapest to visit Mr. Vass's shop.

If I don't need to see it in person I buy online. For example, Zimmerli underwear from Mr. Kabbaz and Smedley golf shirts from eBay.

Will

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Bloomingdales has gotten a lot of my money over the years. That is prolly the singlemost store i buy from.

Otherwise, ebay since i buy a lot of vintage gear